Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV vs. PT S/S grips for STI frame?

DrLove

guys, I know that both the PT and the SV stainless steel grips can be made for an STI frame. I do have a few questions I hope you can help me with:

1. Will any of them needs other modifications (i.e. to the grip safety for example)?

2. I know there is this SV XL magwell that works on thieir grip, would that fit the PT grip or will I be stuck with DP magwell?

3. Are the SV grips worth the extra $$$ other than the XL magwell which I really like?

Thanks in advance...

Someone else might chime in i was under the impression after contacting SVI there grip price includes the trigger and a shoe and a mag release. Once you factor in that the price difference isnt much difference.

I would like to know if the SVI requires a bunch of fitting

Not sure about fitting STI frames b/c I don't own anything from STI. I do know the PT grips go right on a PT frame and the SV grips go right on a SV frame. For magwells, SV grip is straight at the bottom, so you have to use one of their magwells. The PT grip works with any STI style magwell (Dawson, Cape, etc.). As for quality, the PT grip is nice, but machining is not quite on par with SV. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either, but I'd say the SV is nicer.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed help getting a PT stainless grip to fit on my STI frame, which turned out to be a total fricking nightmare to get on. I really like the grip but the whole fitting ordeal sucked. With that said I really like the grip and how the gun now shoots. All my future Limited guns will have a steel grip. Some of the local shooters fit SV grips on their STIs and went through much of the same fitting ordeal.