Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older SV build quality?

Breacher217

I shot one of the early ones for a couple of seasons. It had the infinity sign on the slide, non-interchangeable breech face and Schumann barrel. I was about the 4th owner and it had no telling how many rounds on it (10s of thousands at the old powerfactor for sure). It sat in my safe for a while after I got somthing new. I sold it to Middle Man on here and he still shoots it. Was just as smooth and tight when I sold it as when I got it. Sandy built really good guns.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm starting to look for a used SV and want to keep my options open.

Keep in mind that you can always send it back to the spa (the SVI factory) to get it refreshed and have whatever nifty new things SVI has come up with since it was first built added to it.

I have a 1911 for USPSA Single Stack on order with them that is almost at the build stage. I've already added a couple new features that they developed after I place my order.

Brandon is very easy to work with and he's a great advisor when it comes to figuring out what options best match your desired purpose for the gun...or to just make it look even prettier.

If I could find a older one at a decent price I would have no problems getting it freshened up. I've seen several sell on the board over the past year at decent used prices. I wish I had been ready to buy when some of them came up for sale. I don't think I have the patience to order a new one.

From what I've observed so far, the prices on used SV products are going to be high unless you find someone in a really generous mood before someone else does. You've got the laws of supply and demand working against you on this one, unfortunately.