Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matt Burkett Video

M118LR

I ordered and just watched the Matt Burkett video. It has alot of good information. I bought his book about two years ago and it also some good information. Brian the three part where you talk was great. You really broke down how to fire a good shot.  You really spent a lot of time on this subject. Keep up the good work.

• 5 months later...

I just watched the DVD's today and of course the best part is the interview with Brian.  It just made me have to go reread the book again.

The rest of the tapes cover the basics and continue to drive home the right ways and wrong ways of doing things.  The style of teaching is a little hard for me to swallow, I guess you have a guy like Kevin to show the common mistakes, or we would never think of what it looks like to do it wrong.

• 3 months later...

I've recently purchased and watched all 4 videos and they were more than helpful. I'm currently reading Brian Enos-Practical Shooting which is very helpful and informative. The question I have is how is Matt's book? I'm thinking of buying that along with the slide-glide for my gun.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

PistolPete,

Sorry Matt, but I would have to recommend passing on the book if you have Brian's. Matt is better on video than in writting IMO. Spend the time you would have reading Matt's book and re-read Brian's book.

I completely disagree. Matt's book is such a handy reference guide for equipment, that I think it's a mandatory purchase just for that. Also, I think it's worth listening to/watching any GM 'cause you'll never know what pearl of wisdom you might walk away with....

I agree with Nik. Matt's book isn't the same as Brian's and that is a good thing. Lots of good stuff in there. I have both and while I spend more time with Brian's I do refer to Matt's a lot too.

I have always felt that one can never have too much reference material. Which may explain why no one will help me move anymore. ;)

matt

the style of teaching that is on the video is "hard to swallow" it is different from what I thought I would see, I thought I would see more of you or another good shooter shooting and not the Kevin guy who looked like he was trying to do things wrong and then you correcting him and kind of making fun of him

i haven't seen vol4 yet but i look forward to it

I thought the instruction in the videos was easy to follow myself. It put Matt as the instructor correcting his student. I liked the way things were demonstrated in the video and have no complaints at all. If the book is 1/2 as good as the video then I feel it will be a good purchase.

Pete :ph34r:

Especially if the individual is within the beginner to three years experience realm, I highly recommend both books on phone orders. I feel they compliment each other extremely well.

It's difficult to compare books to videos because they each "feed" you in a different manner.

be

I also really liked Matt's book. It complimented Brians very nicely since they are on different aspects of the sport. Matt really got into some good detail about the reality of training to become better. As for the teaching being hard to swallow I disagree. In the 4th video you can see Kevin shooting stages and making a TON more mistakes than he did in the training parts of the videos. It really shoed what can happen from training toc ompetition. I think the mistakes are all very realistic. I know I make most of them(trying hard not to now that I am aware of them).