Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech belt and magazine pouches with velcro adhesive?

e4effort

I tried searching for existing threads on this matter, but I couldn't find an answer.

So I use both the Blade-Tech velcro inner/outer belt with Tek-Lok magazine pouches and I really love the setup, but I'm having issues between the inner and outer belt where the magazine pouches meet. They entire left side of my outer belt is loose because the mag pouches take up a good amount of what used to be the velcro outer belt and now it just slides up and down when I go for reloads(extremely annoying).

I understand most if not all people use adhesive velcro strips(?) to remedy the problem, but I wanted to know exactly what kind of adhesive velcro I should buy. I googled around and see a lot of different choices, but my main concern is a good adhesive that will last long(enough) and not peel after a few times of taking the belts on and off. Reviews after reviews for all the products I looked at seem to point at the adhesive not holding up to anything heavy duty even though the description of the adhesive is "industrial strength".

Basically, I'm looking for first hand experiences of what worked for you and what didn't(brands or companies that worked). Is there another way to remedy this issue besides adhesive velcro?

Thanks all!

Home depot sells "industrial strength" Velcro. It comes in a box with a long 2" wide strip of the hook and loop sides. It's the perfect width. Stick a piece on and use a razor blade to cut the velcro out of the area in between the fingers you squeeze to remove the tek-lok. I've had this stuff on mine for 1 1/2 years and it's still working fine.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Velcro-Industrial-Strength-4-ft-x-2-in-Tape-90593/202261931