Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry's practical rifle dvd?

Dewberry

I'm looking improve my rifle shooting a targets that are small/far away. I saw a clip of JM's video on YouTube and it looked like it had good info but it's a few years old. Will the technique parts of the dvd still have good info or will it be outdated?

I have to say, I was involved, a bit, in the making of this video. The information is still relevant, rifle hasn't changed as much as shotgun has in the last couple of years. He talks about getting into positions, how to set up your rifle, how to shoot fast and a variety of techniques I'd never have thought of. In some of the camera shots from the barrel, you are looking back, into his eyes. You can see them move to the next target before you hear the bang from the shot being fired. The philosophy things he talks about in the interview session will get you thinking about a lot of your shooting.

I think it's worth it and just the other day saw someone on here recommend it highly, but we'll have to hope some others chime in.

I was mostly a gofer but Kay and I did rewrite scripts for the studio portion, on the fly, to make them suit Jerry's style better.

I was the one talking it up a few days ago. The info is still relevant. Even if the information was dated (which it isn't really), if I could shoot as well as Jerry was shooting a decade ago, it would still be better than I can shoot now. :)

That was my thought exactly, I was just hesitant especially after seeing a beta mag in one of the YouTube clips.

I was the one talking it up a few days ago. The info is still relevant. Even if the information was dated (which it isn't really), if I could shoot as well as Jerry was shooting a decade ago, it would still be better than I can shoot now. :)

That was my thought exactly, I was just hesitant especially after seeing a beta mag in one of the YouTube clips.

Before there were Surefire mags, open division shooters had to avoid reloading somehow. :roflol:

Before there were Surefire mags, open division shooters had to avoid reloading somehow. :roflol:

Before there were Surefire mags, Open shooters needed another mag that quit working at random. :sick:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...