Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision XD/XDM 9/40 and 45 ACP strikers

Loves2Shoot

This is our premium quality striker that was design for improved ignition of primers. It is made from high grade 17-4 stainless steel and heat treated for a long service life. The striker engagement face is high polished for a smooth release. The striker face has a neutral angle, so it may reduce your trigger pull weight over the stock striker.

45 ACP

SP%20XD45%20STRIKER%202.jpg

9/40

SP%20XD9%20STRIKER%202.jpg

Just took a peek over at your website and found a decision has to be made; re: striker spring - plus or reduced power. I'm a revolver / 1911 guy (some say marginal) and don't understand the implication. What do I need to know to make an informed decision?

Ron

Scott,

Why hasn't anyone built a lightened striker for the XD yet? It seems like you could run a lighter striker spring, but still get a good primer hit, because the "energy" formula is more velocity-dependent, rather than mass.

I have considered running one of my extras through the mill, just to cut longitudinal slots in it, but haven't had the time yet.

Scott,

Why hasn't anyone built a lightened striker for the XD yet? It seems like you could run a lighter striker spring, but still get a good primer hit, because the "energy" formula is more velocity-dependent, rather than mass.

I have considered running one of my extras through the mill, just to cut longitudinal slots in it, but haven't had the time yet.

I've lighten them and it didn't make a measurable difference. I didn't want to go to far because I don't want one to break.

• 2 months later...

I've just finished up a lot of Wolf SPP primers that I got about 8 years ago. Had about 20k of them and they were the nickel colored ones. While they were hard to seat, I rarely had a misfire due to not seating properly.

I just switched to the next lot of Tula primers (KVB-9) I got about 3-4 years ago. They are brass colored and seem to be smaller dimensionally than the nickel Wolf SPP's I had previously. I'm getting an extremely high failure rate with these primers. I just did a test of 100 and all primers were seated between .003"-.009". I had 4 failures. Tried setting them off 3 times each and nothing. I'm not sure if these just have a harder cup or what.

How does this striker improve primer detonation over the OEM striker?

We changed the tip geometry to focus the energy in a small area. We have photos of striker in our webstore.

Thanks Scott. I'll give it a try. Hopefully the striker works and it's not a bunch of bad Tula primers.

The tip definitely looks "sharper" than the OEM. There hasn't been any issues with it piercing primers has there?

Edited by d_striker