Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 issue

boudreux

I have a Glock 35 which I have been using to shoot in production with minor pf loads. It has the extended slide lock from the factory. I've recently decided to give limited a try and went out and shot some major pf loads. When I was shooting the slide was locking back after every round. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I checked everything from the slide stop to the recoil spring. When I was dry firing tonight I noticed that my thumb could possibly be hitting the slide stop causing it to lock back each time. Now, i never had this issue with minor pf ammo but i think that the extra recoil of the major pf could be causing my thumb to ride it. Anyway, i'm going to put a stock slide stop on and give it a shot. Anybody else had this issue with the extended slide stop?

I had the same issue with a Gen 3 G35. It didn't happen that often, but enough to mess up a stage run now and then. Changed it out for the slide stop on a G17.

Curiously enough on my Gen 4 G34 I don't have this problem. I was prepared to change the SS out to the flat one, but I haven't had any issues with it locking back unexpectedly. Not sure if they changed the design on the gen 4 or if I'm gripping it differently.

:Yea the good thing is that it was happening while I was at the range and not in the middle of a stage. I definitely think it has something to do with the recoil difference between the major and minor pf ammo. I never had this problem with the soft shooting minor loads.

I'm shooting a steel match this weekend so hopefully everything will work as planned with the standard slide stop

I had the same issue with a Gen 3 G35. It didn't happen that often, but enough to mess up a stage run now and then. Changed it out for the slide stop on a G17.

Curiously enough on my Gen 4 G34 I don't have this problem. I was prepared to change the SS out to the flat one, but I haven't had any issues with it locking back unexpectedly. Not sure if they changed the design on the gen 4 or if I'm gripping it differently.

Are you using the large back strap? That can put toy thumb father back

Are you using the large back strap? That can put toy thumb father back

Medium on the Gen 4