Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our New Ride!!

Nemo

No more need for carseats for the boys... What they need now is ammo to practice! Thus the old trusty minivan is gone. Last Saturday I traded our '97 Odissey for the nicest car I've owned ever...

2003 ACURA MDX

A certified pre-owned Acura SUV in pristine condition with 38,000 miles, all wheel drive, V-6 3.5L engine, 265hp. Silver with black leather interior. Super Nice!!

This morning I was still looking at the new ride in my garage and thinking "This car is way out of my league!" I'll get over it soon...

Now, maybe Mrs. Nelson will let me drive it sometime... in the meantime I'll keep getting to the range in my trusty-rusty '97 CR-V. Yeah, we're a Honda family!

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

This used to be my ride:

p64912_image_large.jpg

Yes, that's an actual photo of my car with my license plate.

Here's me driving one of the first WRXs right next to my car (it wasn't the jealous type):

p65033_image_large.jpg

Then this was my ride:

gorillaburnoutr.jpg

Now I'm driving a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T. Nothing special about it except it does 110mph with relative frequency... and likes it. There's something about FI and German-built cars. The two just seem to go together at high speeds. :D

Cullen,

Nice Integra... Did you do any import tuning mods to it? The WRX is a sppedy lil'bastid' and seems you're beating it... In the early 90's I drove a CRX until the first addition to the family came, then it was time for a 4-door, we bought a Mitsubishi Montero. The wife kept the SUV and I got a 4dr 93 Civic.

The Civic was with me until 1999 when I got a MKIII Wolfsburg Ed, auto, 2.0. After a new set of tires, a K&N air filter and the chip, it was ready for my daily 150 mile commute to/from San Juan. I LOVED that Jetta! You're right, 110 was easy even in the automatic. The Jetta had to stay in Puerto Rico when I got PCS'ed to Jacksonville.

Like the Fazer... Always been a sucker for nekkid japs! If the finances allow and since the wife got the MDX, I see a 919 in my future... maybe for my 40th birthday. ;)

Cullen,

Nice Integra... Did you do any import tuning mods to it? The WRX is a sppedy lil'bastid' and seems you're beating it... In the early 90's I drove a CRX until the first addition to the family came, then it was time for a 4-door, we bought a Mitsubishi Montero. The wife kept the SUV and I got a 4dr 93 Civic.

The Civic was with me until 1999 when I got a MKIII Wolfsburg Ed, auto, 2.0. After a new set of tires, a K&N air filter and the chip, it was ready for my daily 150 mile commute to/from San Juan. I LOVED that Jetta! You're right, 110 was easy even in the automatic. The Jetta had to stay in Puerto Rico when I got PCS'ed to Jacksonville.

Like the Fazer... Always been a sucker for nekkid japs! If the finances allow and since the wife got the MDX, I see a 919 in my future... maybe for my 40th birthday. ;)

Only some colored hose underneath the hood, some stickier rubber, and fill-in and paint the front bumper because some jack-hole tried to steel the red A up front and ended up breaking it in half and gouging the crap out of the bumper. The thing was a beast without any mods.

In a second gear roll-on up through fourth, the Integra and the WRX were neck and neck with maybe a slight edge to the WRX. The article that the photos were taken for was more about the new WRX and how it compared to the badass of yore the Type R, so the photo was staged... the "race" didn't happen until later.

Yeah, K&N and chip are in the future for me. I like how stable and quiet the thing is.

The FZ1 was awesome. Had to get rid of it, though. None of the other nakeds felt good to me (the ZRX, 919 and the Kawi Z1000 all feel like they're tiny and the Bandit is, well, OLD!). I got the FZ when only the Bandit and ZRX were available. I modded the hell out of that thing. The FZ is/was an awesome bike, but any bike sucks as a sole means of transportation.

'02 Subaru WRX Wagon (gotta carry a drumset, doncha know :)

Bastard's in the shop w/ a fuel leak under the hood, right now :angry: Apparently a known problem in cold weather w/ the car, and Subaru won't recall it.... Currently trying to get a district manager to agree to repair it under warranty.... otherwise, it's going to be $600+....

EDIT - BTW - Subie's paying for it!! Schweet... No "Ka-Boom" worries, and I don't have to pay a dime for it!!! :)

Otherwise, sweet little ride - it *is* pretty quick, and handles pretty nicely. I could tune on it, etc, and get it nicer, but.... saving my money for a pistola.....

Dave

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

I fly

porschecarrera326.jpg

and used to drive a CA imported Porsche 912 (1966) from Redondo Beach. I restored it to spec myself. Hard labor for 3 years every evening every weekend.

I left her for the Carrera; there are picts of her somewere on this board.

Nelson,

those Merc's belong to the guy who owns the firm (Stuurman Classic Cars) where I bought my Porsche, the Carrera is imported from Germany, mileage is still low Year of manufacture is 7/1989 last of the old type 911's before the 964 Carrera 2/4.

I left this:

porsche912ch665.jpg

I still own an Audi CS Quattro but this car isn't reliable enough mainly electrical probs. The Carrera is for daily use.

My firm (Stuurman Classic Repairs) restores MB, Porsche, Mustang and MG to authenticity. Mainly all of our cars are directly imported from CA.

My Namesake. I just happen to be pulling her engine to be "refreshed" this week. We're under 30" of snow right now so, like Cullen, I'm driving my VW. My Passat all-motion wagon has proved to be a much better match vehicle than the Pontiac (1967 seats + a long ride to a match = a sore back!).

gto.jpg

GTO, super nice muscle ride! Is the snake in the background yours also?

Chet, I like paid-for! :):) The one thing that makes me not-too-happy with the new car thing is the payments! :o:( I haven't had for the last two years, but it was time... Besides, a Jeep will always be a Jeep!!

Keep 'em coming people!!

We got the diesel for the horse trailer. Empty it is about 3K pounds. Add in 2 hourses, and all the gear, and 5500 pounds is about average. Not to mention it just sounds mean as hell.

Also in the garage are-- 2002 VW Jetta (for around town) 1987 Porsche 944, and 1998 Yamaha V-Max (AKA the whiplash machine) :blink: