Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Range Officer .45 ACP - 25,000 Rounds + Pictures

Steffes

well done, I am glad I read it. I have a gold cup colt and was thinking of a trade as I am more of a tactical guy than a bullseye and the gun hurts whenever I have a FTF or such as I am racking it in a hurry.

well all things said here I now know not to long after a gun that wont last. only ED Brown or Nighthawk or some such would really do it.

I have to say, $1800 for 2.5 yrs of quality entertainment and personal satisfaction sounds like a pretty good deal to me. And I'm sure there are a few thousand (at least) other shooters who have gone the same route. I did about 20 yrs ago. And your experience with parts replacement doesn't sound unreasonable either. Aside from some SA specific idiosyncrasies, it sounds like normal wear. 25,000 rounds through any gun is gonna cause some parts to loosen up and/or fail. I'm actually surprised you haven't replaced the disconector. That's usually the first thing to go on a new gun from wearing down the top of it on the bottom of the slide.

Now you know enough to get a better pistol and enjoy the sport even more. :)

The gun turned out pretty nice in the end. If I would have known more about the sport going in I would have been more receptive of knowing which changes needed to be made and why, but I learned a ton and it turned out good. Thanks for the kind words guys.

• 1 month later...