Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which C-More Mount?

Dennis (CT)

I believe most of the 90 mounts I've found can be ordered un drilled. I looked into the same with my old 25mm off center setup till I found a cheeley setback that was custom setup for that pattern. ( I got waaaaay lucky)

I'm going through the same process for the second time. I have a 20-year old STI that I used with a ProPoint for years, until the Wilson mount cracked. I decided to go with a C-more (even though the ProPoint was very reliable) and used the Allchin(sp?) mount that came undrilled and had my gunsmith drill the mount to match 3 of the Wilson holes. It works fine, but it is for a vertical mounted sight. I did have to use red Loctite between the mount and frame to insure the mount was stable - It loosened on me once. I noticed there appears to be only two screws on the left side of your pistol. You may want your gunsmith to install at least one more.

I recently bought a backup pistol with a horizontal mount and prefer that setup and would recommend it. So now I want to convert my old STI to a horizontal mount and the only undrilled one I've found is from Brazos. If anyone knows of another horizontal mount that comes undrilled, please let us know.