Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

world class steel/ knockdown, knockdown steel matc

Well, match dates have been announced, and applications are finally available. Not to mention there's a spiffy new web site to go with it (coded up by yours truly).

http://www.worldclasssteel.com

There're also galleries of last years challenge up as well if you just want to sightsee.

(and since it's new, feel free to report any bugs, typoes, or browser issues as long as you are using something newer than netscape 4.7 that supports CSS)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2005 world class steel challege is set for may at old bridge rifle and pistol here in new jersey and all info can be fould at worldclasssteel.com the new website that has been set up for the match and info,, give it a look , it's shaping up really nice thanx to the hard work of the staff. hope to see you at the match

the 2005 world class steel challege is set for may at old bridge rifle and pistol here in new jersey and all info can be fould at worldclasssteel.com   the new website that has been set up for the match and info,, give it a look , it's shaping up really nice thanx to the hard work of the staff. hope to see you at the match

spe

• 2 weeks later...

The match staff of The 2005 World Class Steel Challenge Match would like to announce that this years match sponsor will be Beretta Firearms. We look foward to another great match with their sponsorship and input. More information is available at our website www.worldclasssteel.com Applications have bben mailed out and are also available online... WCC staff

world class steel at Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting 6 to 7 stages of fast and furious knockdown steel the last weekend of March, with 24 to 32 targets per stage, the match will be a great tune-up for the PSA Shootout match in April. For more information go to worldclasssteel.com Match fee will be $30.00/ gun friday and saturday slots.

This shoot looks like a good time, but I am concerned by the 140 PF maximum. I shoot a .45 ACP with 200 grain cast SWC... Just how light do I need to go to make less than 700 fps? The pistol barely cycles with 4.2 grains of WST. It would be less than optimal to drive 100 miles to shoot and be turned away because my ammo runs 750 fps.

I can understand wanting to protect your steel from jacketed .38 Supers and such, but lead .45's at 800 fps shouldn't be an issue.

hey all: the 140 pf was put there as you stated for 38 supers and shooters who shoot uspsa loads and don't down laod a tenth. 200 on a 45 is ok and won't bother the steel. (we are concerned about the damage they can cause) Loads will be checked only if an ro or the staff feels they are way to hot. Light loads are better for speed and control of the gun. Not to worry, should be a great match. The steel match in may is going to be great too, have berreta as a match sponsor and Dick's Sporting Goods came back this year too. Check out worldclassteel.com

hey all: the 140 pf was put there as you stated for 38 supers and shooters who shoot uspsa loads and don't down laod a tenth. 200 on a 45 is ok and won't bother the steel. (we are concerned about the damage they can cause) Loads will be checked only if an ro or the staff feels they are way to hot. Light loads are better for speed and control of the gun. Not to worry, should be a great match. The steel match in may is going to be great too, have berreta as a match sponsor and Dick's Sporting Goods came back this year too. Check out worldclassteel.com

I'm going to hold you to that. :)

I'll need to shoot Saturday afternoon. It'd be tough to skip a day of work right now. Thanks for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a 5 time shooter of the PSA shootout, I really enjoyed the match. Your stages were excellent, they gave a great blend of target size and shooting distance.

The target count rocked.

Can't wait for the results and hope to be there for the Second Annual next year.

Regards - Slughammer

As a 5 time shooter of the PSA shootout, I really enjoyed the match.  Your stages were excellent, they gave a great blend of target size and shooting distance.

The target count rocked.

Can't wait for the results and hope to be there for the Second Annual next year.

Regards - Slughammer

results are up at http://www.worldclasssteel.com

posted them last night.

hey shooters: thanx for the kudos for the match, but don't forget the guys who helped make it happen and the ob club for hosting it, i guess it was worth all the hours in the shop putting all the targets together. The world class steel guys have talked about moving the match to late september or early october, so that the knock down match won't be so close with our may steel shootout match, it was alot of work to keep both matches up to speed. Also this way with psa in the spring and world class in the fall there would be to venues for those who like knock down steel. I f you have an opinion either way please let us know here on Brian's website or at worldclasssteel.com We will make a decision in the next few months. If we decide to move the Annual Match for knockdown steel to the fall, we will host one this year in the fall as we would not have one in the spring of 2006. The results are on the website and the checks have gone out to the winners. Also congratulations to Dave olhasso on winning open auto, iron auto and limited shotgun, Beretta was right in sponsoring Dave, and a great way to start the season with a big win, way to go dave. And thanx to all the shooters who turned out for the match and helped make it a huge success,,, thanx one and all ; john soltesz / match director and the world class steel match... see you all at the may steel challenge, we have some great raffle prizes this year and quite a few guns thanx to beretta, sti, bushmaster and glock so far...and some really kool stuff from mike gibson at mgm targets , check the website for the complete list .

remember always shoot safe, but shoot fast

-snip-

The world class steel guys have talked about moving the match to late september or early october, so that the knock down match won't be so close with our may steel shootout match, it was alot of work to keep both matches up to speed. Also this way with psa in the spring and world class in the fall there would be to venues for those who like knock down steel. I f you have an opinion either way please let us know here on Brian's website or at worldclasssteel.com   

-snip-

Fall works for me as long as it doesn't interfere with the ICORE Championship over at Ontelaunee.

Of course it's great as a tune up for the PSA too...

monthly lnockdown steel matches start tomorrow, if it doesnt rain, they will be held the 1st sunday of each month, we will start in may with having a second start time in the afternoon for the shooters who wish to shoot the stages with shotgun, so yo can shoot pistol in the morning and shotgun in the afternoon,,,, see you there