Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P30 Cycling question

Dennis (CT)

Friend who is a new shooter & his HK P30 stovepipes on double action trigger pulls.

If he shoots D/A - decocks - then tries D/A again, spent casing stoves pipes. If he shoots single action (hammer cocked), gun runs all day long. no jams.

I have watched his grip during both S/A & D/A and does not appear to impede the slide in any way.

I have run out of ideas why this is happening. Any and all help is appreciated.

Dennis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The P30 is notorious for needing full power loads to break in the recoil spring. There are a number of threads on it on the HKPro forums. Tell your friend to run though 200 rounds of NATO 9mm and see if the situation improves.

• 3 months later...

Friend who is a new shooter & his HK P30 stovepipes on double action trigger pulls.

If he shoots D/A - decocks - then tries D/A again, spent casing stoves pipes. If he shoots single action (hammer cocked), gun runs all day long. no jams.

I have watched his grip during both S/A & D/A and does not appear to impede the slide in any way.

I have run out of ideas why this is happening. Any and all help is appreciated.

Dennis

Your "friend" huh? just kidding! I locked my slide back when I went on vacation. I know it sounds like witchcraft.. but it works great now. Accept when my wife shoots it. But she hates it and calls it the "jumpy" gun

• 8 months later...

The P30 is notorious for needing full power loads to break in the recoil spring. There are a number of threads on it on the HKPro forums. Tell your friend to run though 200 rounds of NATO 9mm and see if the situation improves.

Agreed I have done this with all three P30's I own and have never had a problem with any of them.