Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat Trigger Install 1911

deerassassin22

I have an STI USPSA Edition 40 Call Single Stack. I want to install a flat trigger on it and was wondering how hard it is to do. I'm 100% comfortable totally dissembling everything on my 1911 and putting it back together.

What I'm not good with using a file to "make it fit" I understand some minor stuff but don't want to send her off to a gunsmith to install. Below is the part I'm looking at putting in.

Any advice and you .02 are welcomed.

Infinity Triglide Trigger - Single Stack http://www.sviguns.com/1101.php?indx=5

Looking at the medium insert

Might want to look at a wilson ultralight flat trigger. It is sized smaller and was almost a drop in in my trojan. When I switched to a long flat infinity it required quite a bit of work to fit. The wilson should be pretty close to the medium flat in length.

I've installed the tri-glide into 3 of my 2011s. For testing the fit I took a black magic marker and coated the outside of the bow, installed the tri-glide slid it around a few times and carefully took it out. Where it was shiny I either removed plastic from the grip or carefully tweaked the bow but always making sure the part of the bow touching the disconnector remained parallel to each other. If I was installing into my 1911 I wouldn't remove any metal from the grip. $50 bow vs $expensive gun, I'll choose messing up the bow.

I have an STI Edge in .40 S&W and would also like to install a longer flat trigger in it.

Aren't there any long, flat triggers made to fit STI grips? Are these Infinity triggers the only choice?

Everglades Ammunition makes a flat solid aluminum trigger that fits the STI plastic grip. It's a bit oversized, in my grip but, is of good quality. It has an adjustable over travel stop screw, a pre travel adjustment tab and is long with no holes to allow it to be shortened and or shaped any way you like.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I have 2 of their triggers and I'm happy with them. I found them when searching for an alternative to the offerings from STI & Infinity...