Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Eagle with great splits

Gunnar897

Recently my Eagle started doubling. I lent it to a friend and they used it in a match where after rapid transitions they had some doubles. I never had a chance to shoot it right this happened as I had to take a break from shooting.

Now that I have started shooting again, I experienced the doubles myself. I was able to work on the trigger with a friend and in a jig noticed the sear engagement was well, not crisp. After some stoning it was back to its originally glory. We put the gun back together, shot 1.5 matches and it doubled again.

Some additional info: I have a very short reset and the trigger is in the 2-2.5 lb area.

Is this problem due to grip screws being loose or is there something else I need to check? If it is grip screws, how tight do they need to be and is lock tight necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

one thing i would look at is the over travel screw in the trigger. it has to have a movement back after it breaks. if it does not it easy to double. the other thing to check is the left sear spring and perhaps adjust that

I agree 100%. Check the sear spring, maybe throw in a different one if you have it and ensure you have adequate over travel.

How short are the hammer hooks and what kind of secondary angle do you have on the sear?

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate everyone's help. I thought I had "followed" my own post(rookie) and thought no one was responding. So got impatient an spoke with Matt at M2i and he has it now(he did the trigger originally some time ago). My thoughts were that I didn't want to buy a bunch or parts and not have it work, then have to send it somewhere anyway. Now that I have a back up gun in the future I will try and tackle it myself. Thanks again for the info