Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Tactical

Gunmetal

I know it's not exactly what you asked about but I run my STI Tactical 2011 3.0 in .40 for IDPA, USPSA and 3-Gun. The fit and finish were great out of the box and all I've changed were the sights (Dawson F/O front), had the trigger massaged and added the tac mag well.

I reload everything so it's fairly easy to tailor the rounds for the game. The gun has been reliable from the start but at just over 1200 rounds it's probably just getting broken in, lol.

Be safe,

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have been considering a Tactical 2011 (DS) 4.0 in .40S&W as a carry gun for quite some time. I try other less expensive options, but keep coming back to wanting the Tactical 4.0.

I've been so impressed with my Edge in .40 that I want to carry a 2011 .40 and it looks like the Tactical 4" would be great for that. I have carried my Edge on a few occasions and while it is do-able, I would appreciate something similar but with slightly less size and weight.

P1010531.jpg

I read some comments somewhere to the effect that with 2011 bodies, forty was possibly the best choice between 9,40, and 45 in terms of running reliably. Not sure of the veracity of that statement, though. .40 does possess an ideal combination of qualities including better capacity than .45, less recoil, but still retaining plenty of horsepower. The Edge shoots forty so softly that I can't imagine anyone not loving .40 caliber with a 2011 platform.

Edited by DHart

• 1 month later...

I'm am considering the same thing you are. I'm patiently resulting for an VIP to come up for sale. I like the hard chrome for some reason although it's not very practical. I've also toyed around with the idea of reaming the barrel to 10mm. That would be the best of all worlds. Capacity. Horsepower. Maybe a tad more recoil. I love 10mm!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm am considering the same thing you are. I'm patiently resulting for an VIP to come up for sale. I like the hard chrome for some reason although it's not very practical. I've also toyed around with the idea of reaming the barrel to 10mm. That would be the best of all worlds. Capacity. Horsepower. Maybe a tad more recoil. I love 10mm!

Hope you find a VIP although it will be tough since STI is not making them anymore sadly