Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting Comp XDm to "combat" pistol?

GreenDragon64

Lately, I've had a shift in thinking away from heavy on the competition aspect of shooting towards more "tactical/combat" type of shooting and am thinking of converting the 9mm XDm 5.25.
Questions I have concern the sights and general set-up of the pistol. Initially, I want to purchase a set of night sights, possibly a magwell, and maybe an extended magazine release. In the long run, I'd like to have it as a suppressor host and will need a threaded barrel for it.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions as to how I can go about this? I know that I can find most all of those components from the parts manufacturers that frequent this subforum. I've not been able to find much in the way of night sights for the competition model. Of course, I would always buy a mount and put a red dot sight in place of the rear sight.

They still use any Xd/xdm sights so your options are endless

Really? I thought with the way the rear is cut, it'd only take sights similar to stock... I'll have to investigate that.

They don't use the same sights as the other XD/XDM's. They have a different height front and their is not a rear available. Dawson is aware of the need, but they have a long list of to do's.