Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oak Park's Second Annual USPSA "Revolver" match, 11-9-14,

After getting off the ground last autumn with our first Revolver-specific USPSA match at Oak Park Sportsmens Club in Plainfield, IL (southwest of Chicago), we're going ahead with another.
The club's overall match schedule is too crowded with matches and we can't get a separate date this year. So we're just declaring that the regular-season November match (second Sundays) is going to be a "Revolver" match. Since we still have to allow all those other people on the range, we'll let them, but as before, this match will be carefully designed to be as eight-shot hostile as possible.

Yeah, those 627s and 929s are going to be discriminated against as much as possible, too. Some of us are stuck in the past with the "sixgun" thing- Elmer didn't write a book called "Eightguns", after all.

To encourage participation, we've dropped the match fee to all Revolver Division entrants to $5. Plus, the winner of the division who isn't named "Phil Proietti" will be provided with a box of Federal primers in either small or large pistol size.

We will feature six stages most likely, five large field courses in our inimitable style (with the hostility added) and a classifier. I'm lobbying for another stage space but it's probably not happening.

Oak Park Sportsmens Club (NI10) is about 40 miles southwest of Chicago just off I-55 at the IL Rt 126 exit (old US 66).
Pre-registration will become available the week before and would be recommended. The OPSC Action Shooting Sports page is here. The club site is here.

We do have a supply of extra stuff for folks who don't always shoot sixguns such as speedloaders and speedloader carriers on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your hosts will be Bill Zeller (that's me), OPSC USPSA program director and known Webley shooter, and Phil Proietti, OPSC vice-president.

You are still bitching about the 8-shot thing, Bill? Time to move on. You don't even shoot revolver anymore. ;)

Still defensive about helping screw up the division, Mike? Maybe it is the reason some are not shooting revolver anymore. This looks like some good guys trying to have a good time at a cool match

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed this link in the original post also. I see nothing there that lets anyone register. Am I missing something?

Edit:

Here: http://opscactionpistol.com/OPSC_Action_Pistol/USPSA_Match_Registration.html

Registration is working.

Edited by Tom E