Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Benelli M2 sight choice to help with POA/POI

SicSTi

SicSTi

Don't listen to kurt, he is actually a sales engineer working for another major manufacturer that sells shotguns (rhymes with femington). He is all but hurt that hardly anyone uses some old gas operated shotgun with a couple of ones and a couple of zeroes in the model number. You just do whatever you want with your shotgun, after all it is yours, and who would know better what your gun needs than you. But before I put pistol sights on it, I would consider wacking it on a tree, or sticking it under a truck tire and reefing on it. Or mabee having someone try the jig thing first to see if it actually fixed the problem. They might also be able to do some other mods that you might find useful. There are a couple of shops around that could hook you up, I bet someone on this forum could point you to them. Have a great day!

Nice calipers. With those you can easily figure out how high a front sight you want and how tall a rear sight you want without firing a shot, so what was your original question? Seems you had the answer all the time right there on your work bench. Now get a nice dovetail file and go to Brownell's they list the specs of all their sights and presto! In the time it took you type all this you could have been done.

There are lots of ways to get any firearm to hit where you want it to, no matter if you really understand why it is off.....HELL guys used to bend the barrels. I wish you luck in your search for POA/POI!

At this point I'm just trying to get info as I'm new to this whole 3 gun thing and want my equipment in working order.

If its the magazine tube then ok, how do I fix it and who can do it, if its the barrel same thing, if its me then ok. But I'm 29 and have been hunting for a long ass time, I've owned alot of different shotguns and hunted with them as well. This Benelli's POI is worse than any other shotgun I have owned and I would like to get it fixed in anyway possible as I know its one of the best shotguns out there. However, you can't tell me by the pics, and the measuring that the rib does not taper slightly down the barrel regardless if the main problem is the magazine tube or not.

The fact that people can't have conversations on these forums without having an attitude or acting like they are better then everyone else is bullshit. If you want to help, I appreciate it, but if you act like an elitist a_-hole just take that shit somewhere else.

Nice calipers. With those you can easily figure out how high a front sight you want and how tall a rear sight you want without firing a shot, so what was your original question? Seems you had the answer all the time right there on your work bench. Now get a nice dovetail file and go to Brownell's they list the specs of all their sights and presto! In the time it took you type all this you could have been done.

There are lots of ways to get any firearm to hit where you want it to, no matter if you really understand why it is off.....HELL guys used to bend the barrels. I wish you luck in your search for POA/POI!

I dont necessarily want to do that and would just prefer a bead cause thats what I'm used to with hunting, I would rather have it fixed correctly. I asked that earlier to see if it was a viable option and if anyone else had done it to fix the problem.

I believe that the Hills at Triangle Shooting Sports, Taran @ Taran Tactical, and Mike Cyrus at Accurate Iron can all help you. They all have websites.

I am sure there are others as well. KurtM developed the gauge that corrects the alignment issue. I suspect that he knows at least as much about the Benelli as Mr. Benelli himself. Talk to one of the 3 above or search others but if they want to bend your barrel, I would move along and find someone who knows about kurt and his gauge.

I believe that the Hills at Triangle Shooting Sports, Taran @ Taran Tactical, and Mike Cyrus at Accurate Iron can all help you. They all have websites.

I am sure there are others as well. KurtM developed the gauge that corrects the alignment issue. I suspect that he knows at least as much about the Benelli as Mr. Benelli himself. Talk to one of the 3 above or search others but if they want to bend your barrel, I would move along and find someone who knows about kurt and his gauge.

Thanks!

Well Striped1 has told you twice, Gondo once, and myself may have mentioned how to get it fixed without adding sights. I really don't feel like explaining the geometry of receiver/ barrel and trajectory to you in general or in specific to Benelli so..... you are absolutely right about the taper so you should now be very happy....gold star happy!!!

A funny aside for you to contemplate, at your ripe old age, I have been working on, modifying and figuring out Benelli shotguns for well over 2/3rds of your extended life, the stuff you talk about, like milling in a 10-22 rear sight came from me. Now I used a standard bead, and didn't add it to the gun to adjust elevation, but that went on my original M1 in 96. Welded lifter?? 96, lightened bolt 98, out of battery mod 95.....I could go on but you might get the idea. BTW you don't want to do the 10-22 sight thing on an M2 due to different rib height unless you plan to run a much taller front sight......thats a freeby for you.

You would do good in listening to everything kurtm has to say. He has more knowledge about benelli shotguns than almost any shooter out there, with the exception of my father benny. Im just lucky enough to learn from them both.

You would do good in listening to everything kurtm has to say. He has more knowledge about benelli shotguns than almost any shooter out there, with the exception of my father benny. Im just lucky enough to learn from them both.

shit, Kurt taught your dad.

edit:

:)

(so you know Im just messing with the Hill's.)

Edited by mike cyrwus

• 1 year later...

reviving an old thread, but does the alignment issue and kurt's gauge only come into play if the mag tube is connected to the barrel (ie, a clamp)? I'm shooting slugs high right and removed the barrel-tube clamp thinking they may be interacting with each other, but POI was pretty much unchanged, so hitting high right with or without the clamp. it sucks having to aim at the bottom left of all the targets.

Just to throw another variable in, the drop and cast of the stock can also affect poa/poi. Before Kurt had his gauge available I spent hours on a pattern board, tried all the buttstock spacers and finally added and modified stuff until I was really close. Then I took the barrel out to the telephone pole at the end of the driveway and whanged it, twice, lightly. Gun fits me like a glove and shoots where I point it. If I had it to do over again, I'd ask the Hills to do the Kurt gauge thing, then mess with the stock.