Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MP SIRT Arrived for Beta Testing First Photo

Trident

Who cares. When it is actually available for sale it might be post-worthy but this company is so full of crap I have lost all interest. When you say available in 30 days and 2 years go by you loose all credibility in my book.

I bought a LaserLyte and that is working well for me.

Who cares. When it is actually available for sale it might be post-worthy but this company is so full of crap I have lost all interest. When you say available in 30 days and 2 years go by you loose all credibility in my book.

3f600a5802f15078d248f7b42f98364e63a40749

I didn't say anything and I didn't know that Laser Lyte made a weapons model specific trainer? Glad your happy with it.

I was just asked to do the Beta testing and I know several are shipping out for testing. So far I would say it swill be worth the wait if one wants one in an MP format.

I need to verify a few things today and will report back as ion as I have more time to review.

The few small things that I noted is that it appears to be a great copy of the standard MP and that the trigger mechanism in now solid state electronics so all of the trigger functions are no longer adjustable. Only the trigger weight which is adjusted with a hex screw in the back of the trigger mechanism once you remove the slide. Mine arrived set at #4-12oz.

Mine came with metal slide, a red take up laser, and green shot laser.

Factory mags work as do most holsters I have tried, Raven, Blade Tech etc....as long as they do not use the chamber to lock into like my Safariland.

Edited by Trident

Has anyone else had a bunch of issues with their SIRT? My first one had to go back within a week of owning it trigger went flat, got it back and happened again within a week. After getting ignored by customer service for a few weeks I finally got in touch with someone higher up and got a replacement..... now the replacement is acting up and I can't get a response from customer service. I feel like a dick whining about it on a forum but I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Has anyone else had a bunch of issues with their SIRT? My first one had to go back within a week of owning it trigger went flat, got it back and happened again within a week. After getting ignored by customer service for a few weeks I finally got in touch with someone higher up and got a replacement..... now the replacement is acting up and I can't get a response from customer service. I feel like a dick whining about it on a forum but I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Which SIRT are you having troubles with? The 110 Glock or the new 107 MP?

I know NLT has been swamped trying to get the new 107 out but it has been hard to get ahold of them. I usually leave several messages, maybe a Facebook post, and someone does call back usually the next day.

The Glock sirt pro model. I'm just having pretty wicked buyers remorse due to these issues I've been having, I don't mean to talk down on the company because they are the only ones offering such a thing in the marketplace right now, but I just feel like I've kind of been getting shafted with their customer service dept. I'll get on them a little more and see if I can work something out.

bockerSV,

This is Luke Smithers from Next Level Training. We have been slammed with orders and are experiencing some growing pains as we transition from a start up to a full fledged company. That being said, I want to do everything I can to make sure you are taken care of. If you could shoot me an email at Luke.Smithers@nextleveltraining.com I will do everything I can to help.

Regards,

Luke Smithers

No problem! We are reworking our internal systems to make sure everyone is getting taken care of but there have been some glaring issues of people being missed. We want the best for our customers and are striving to keep everyone happy during our transition period.

• 1 month later...

Got this recently about the M&P SIRT. I'm really anxious for this to come out. I got the LASR (Laser Activated Shot Reporter) software with all the plug-ins and a SureStrike Premium Plus laser dry fire kit from laser-ammo.com for my M&P Pro CORE 9mm and it is pretty cool. Only issue is that you have to cycle the slide after every shot so it isn't giving as realistic of an experience as it would with something like the SIRT pistol.

Hi Alan,

The M&P will be available in early 2015. We did a Beta Run in September and found a few changes that need ed to be made.

Thanks

Greg Davis

Next Level Training

• 3 weeks later...

The Myth......

Just arrived for Beta Testing. More to come shortly.

16kynpk.jpg

Is the back strap changeable? It would be great to have the SIRT in M&P, maybe I would even practice. With the back strap interchangeable, it would be a great tool to teach new shooters without them having to deal with recoil. I would have to believe the licensing from S&W would have been a huge hurdle to get over as well, even though I can only see it helping sales of their guns.

Let me know if you see it on the horizon and I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Pat

The SIRT really looks nice but the proof is in the pudding so I will watch a bit longer. At this time Aimpoint is claiming to offer a SW MP Laser conversion priced at $300 +/-. Not knowing which model it would fit I finally got an email response from someone claiming to know. He said that I would need to specify barrel length and (I think) magazine length for the longer barled pro model. They also have a couple of interesting computerised target practice programs. I also can say that I read about the Aimtech on one of the cowboy sites a few months ago and at least a couple there were bragging on the system (YMMV)??? http://www.aimtechsystems.com/laser-marksman.html

The SIRT really looks nice but the proof is in the pudding so I will watch a bit longer. At this time Aimpoint is claiming to offer a SW MP Laser conversion priced at $300 +/-. Not knowing which model it would fit I finally got an email response from someone claiming to know. He said that I would need to specify barrel length and (I think) magazine length for the longer barled pro model. They also have a couple of interesting computerised target practice programs. I also can say that I read about the Aimtech on one of the cowboy sites a few months ago and at least a couple there were bragging on the system (YMMV)??? http://www.aimtechsystems.com/laser-marksman.html

http://www.aimtechsystems.com/mp-trigger-reset-magazine.html

This is selling for $299, but I can see obviously you cannot practice reloads with it. Will ask them if this works on MP 9 pro 5 inch barrel.

I am thinking that slide lock would be rather difficult (and expensive) to achieve, due to the need to get the slide to move back into that locking position. Possibly could be done by CO2 or other gas but?? In my experience one of the airsoft pistols weak points is frequent failure to lockback and even the quality .22s seem to be somewhat less reliable in lockback than its larger caliber relatives. There will always be some drills that are just more practical to perform at the range. I thinks that half the cost of an actual firearm seems really high for a couple of plastic insert parts BUT I think the SIRT just might cost as much or more than the actual firearm which it represents?? This new technology pricing might not have gone down but I do think we are seeing better offerings at the same prices that the earlier products, of lower quality, were selling for!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...