Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black and Blue has a coated 0.358 160gr RN without the lube grove

mcb

http://www.blackandbluebullets.com/160_gr_FB_RN_NLG_1000ct/p1287789_12754283.aspx

Has anyone tried these yet? Does the lack of lube groove help with accuracy and/or keeping bullet from setting forward in the cylinder. How does Black and Blue's coating measure up against other coatings. IbejiHead has been working great for me with very little leading but the lack of lube groove on Black and Blue's bullet is intriguing.

ETA: they are doing a summer sale, 10% off with code: sum2014

Edited by mcb

I think except for the Moly, they other bullet makers may get their coating from the same source. And Tony is great to work with, or order online, same great service. Roger Davis

Black and Blue uses the exact same coating as Bayou Bullets. The option to pick different diameters is nice. I have not shot them yet to judge how well they work. I would think you will not notice any difference with the lack of the lube groove. I know someone who uses Bayou and found the advertised weights were a few grains higher than actual delivered, they called Bayou and were offered the same bullet without a lube groove which brought the weight to where advertised. He didn't notice any difference. He only wanted the heavier bullet to be safe at the chronograph if they pulled and weighed the bullet instead of just taking your word for it.

Black and Blue uses the exact same coating as Bayou Bullets. The option to pick different diameters is nice. I have not shot them yet to judge how well they work. I would think you will not notice any difference with the lack of the lube groove. I know someone who uses Bayou and found the advertised weights were a few grains higher than actual delivered, they called Bayou and were offered the same bullet without a lube groove which brought the weight to where advertised. He didn't notice any difference. He only wanted the heavier bullet to be safe at the chronograph if they pulled and weighed the bullet instead of just taking your word for it.

Donnie will also size them to whatever you want when you order...

I'm thinking the major difference is Bayou's are cast then coated, I'm sure BBI does that also and others like Precision and I believe the Blue Bullet are swaged then coated.

That could be why I get much better accuracy from Bayou's than the others.