Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CENTRAL AND SOUTH FLORIDA - OK Corral Action Challenge Pistol Match

For the last couple of months, we have been working on establishing an action challenge pistol match at the OK Corral Gun Club in Okeechobee, Florida.

The wait is over, and we have scheduled our inaugural match for Saturday, September 20th, 2014.

The inaugural match will consists of 6 challenging stages with a minimum round count of ±150.

Please be advised that this match will be run as an ACTION MATCH, and as such will not, initially, be USPSA-sanctioned. The match will, of course, follow all USPSA guidelines regarding safety, divisions, scoring, penalties, and equipment requirements. As the matches progress, OK Corral be joining USPSA with the intent of hosting USPSA-sanctioned events—even, perhaps, state and regional events. Future Action Challenge Matches will scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of each month. Sign-in will be at the range clubhouse starting at 8:00 am, with a walkthrough at 9:00 am. The match fee will be $20.

The OK Corral folks have created a top-notch facility for our enjoyment. Come and see for yourself. The facility includes a pro shop, rifle range, sporting clays courses, competition shooting park, and restaurant. If you would like additional information on the facility, please visit their website at http://www.okcorralgunclub.com.

If you like what you are reading so far, come join us on the 3rd Saturday of September. The OK Corral Gun Club is located at 9449 NE 48th Street, Okeechobee FL 34972 (1-863-357-2226).

Any questions, please contact me at 561-319-0849 or send me a PM.

Mario Farrulla

Edited by Big Guy

I'm a little bummed this is on the same day as malabar's 3 gun, but I guess you can't make everyone happy. Good to hear there are more matches popping up down here, though.

A little? I'm a lot bummed. Maybe in time there will be more matches.

really glad to see this happening though Mario. Kudos to you and all involved.

I'm a little bummed this is on the same day as malabar's 3 gun, but I guess you can't make everyone happy. Good to hear there are more matches popping up down here, though.

A little? I'm a lot bummed. Maybe in time there will be more matches.

really glad to see this happening though Mario. Kudos to you and all involved.

Come on join us.

I guarantee that you'll be back.

Ken, I thought you were giving up on 3 gun after I kicked your butt at area 6 multi gun... :devil:

That being said, Mario, you should talk OK Corral into being a 3 Gun Nation club. I have never been there but it looks like they could have enough space.

EDIT TO ADD... Malabar is an awesome club and Mike works hard doing a lot of great matches including 3 gun... and Ken shoots way better than me! :D

Edited by Paul-the new guy

• 2 weeks later...

One and two days to go and we have 58 shooters pre-registered - this step will save participants time when arriving to OK Corral.

Match breakdown: 6 Stages with 83 paper targets and 31 steel targets for 197 rounds.

I am looking forward to a great first match.