Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Major with Titegroup in Tactical Sport

Jody Waring

I've stumbled across some loading data for 180 grain bullet and Titegroup at 4.6 gr has anyone tried a load similar to this, and how does it shoot? I will be using Berry's 180 and mixed brass. I'm out of N320 so I thought I would give Titegroup a try. I appreciate input you may have. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Can anyone comment on 180gr loads with cast and plated using Winchester 231 and WST as well for the TS? I recall someone posting WST is borderline pressure-wise loaded to short OAL? I've been loading 4.6 of titegroup but haven't chronographed it.

4.6 gr of Titegroup was what I used to load 1.18 OAL, 180 grain black bullets. Usually was 168 pf out of my gun. Titegroup was the closest thing I could find to N320 and half the price. Little dirtier, little smokier. Felt slightly sharper than N320 but I did not notice on a timer.

titegroup is terrible with cast from my experience. it burns so hot that there is a ton of smoke. the coated lead rounds aren't as bad but smell terrible. If I were using titegroup, I'd stick to plated.