Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spongeeness in Glock Triggers

ten ring

How does one take away and/or lessesn the spongeness from Glock triggers? Different springs, etc? I'm trying to lessen the trigger pull but also take out some of the spongee feeling.

Thanks

My first thought was trade it for a 1911.

There are pros on Glock triggers here who once posted the tricks to improve it. Requires tweaking the disconnector, changing the pivot pin location in the trigger, springs, and some other things I did to my G35. Did improve the trigger, never got it good enough for me.

If you want a "crisp" trigger try this. Competition safety plunger spring, the Glock 5lb connector, a 4.5 firing pin spring, and stock trigger spring. This will drop the overall pull to about 4 lbs. When you go to the minus connector things will start feeling more like a rolling break trigger, and you will not feel the wall as good. If you go to a heavier trigger spring the reset will not be as crisp. What's nice about a glock trigger is you can really toy around with all the different combos and get what feels nice to you. But remember you will never get a 1911 trigger.

This really depends on the amount of money you want to spend. You can't really keep a crisp wall break and drop the weight of the pull without changing the geometry of the trigger bar or using a reduce power firing pin spring. In my carry gun, I have a reduced power FP SAFETY spring, extra power trigger spring & factory connector. Nice crisp break around 5lbs for me. In my competition piece I have a Johnny Glocks trigger kit that I dropped dime for, and the more I use it, the better it gets. Can be as light as 3lbs and crisp as the trigger in my Range Officer, but I have been using an extra power firing pin spring that boosts the weight to about 4.5lbs. But that is expensive. Cheapest option is the one mentioned above (competition firing pin safety spring, extra power trigger spring, 4.5lbs firing pin spring). You'll like it, and it's a very low risk purchase. If you don't like it, just mix-match springs & connectors until you find the perfect balance.

You can't have the best of everything unless you want to spend $200+ for a custom kit.

• 2 months later...