Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many rounds thru your Nordic Barrel?

B45C22

A couple of years a go I took a class from Cooley. It was probably close to 10 years ago that I took the class from him. He is one of the guys back in the day that won a lot of matches.

He said when he broke in his barrels and (?) used the Tubbs Final Finish system his barrels lasted longer than if he hadn't. I don't remember if he said you had to use the Tubbs also or if he just broke in his barrel and that they would last longer.

The myth hasn't been busted in my book. You still have people in both camps. Personally I'm too lazy and most of the time I don't break them in or just do the initial five rounds on an AR barrel.

Can someone confirm that JP and Nordic use Wilson blanks....

Nordic says that the barrels are made by Wilson completely, just to Nordic's specs.

Straight from their website:

Nordic Components AR15 Rifle Barrel, Stainless 16″, .223 Wylde Chamber, 1:8 twist, mid-length gas system with 1/2-28 threads, .650 diameter under the hand guard, uses a .750 dia. gas block. Weight: 1.8 lbs. Made by Wilson Arms to Nordic specs. You will need a mid-length gas tube for this barrel.

• 3 weeks later...