Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q. latest refinishing trend & who? (SV Open/Limited gun)

Carlos

Hi guys! I've been out of the game for about 5 years or so and have not followed trends for Open/Limited guns.

I want to have my SV Limited .40 (with a top end in 9mm Supercomp - 2 guns in one) refinished and then post it for sale here. I mostly shoot Production these days.

When I left 5 or more years ago, Hard Chrome was the "in" thing.

Is there something better? Which one would a potential buyer prefer? Who are the preferred shops? (do they give certificates as prizes? I did not see much in the Classifieds). What are the costs and turn-around times?

I personally hate black guns specially Open guns. Just my opinion. There are some other colors available in the Cerracote finishes. They have a silver that looks just like hard chrome. Also Burnt Bronze is popular. Take a look at their website for a complete color chart. It wears as good as hard chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't refinish it. Competition shooters are not your usual gunship crowd. Most would rather have a better price on a gun that's solid with finish wear than pay more for one that's just refinished. If they want it refinished they can do it on their own. A refinish won't recoil what you pay for it with this crowd