Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity stainless grip install help

blaster113

My new stainless P/T grip just came in after being out of stock for a while. Decided to go with this grip for my STI frame as the forum posts Ive read seem to indicate that this grip was easier to install vs. the SVI. I must be the exception as this grip has been anything but easy to install. When I first got it it would barely go halfway onto the frame. I hit the frame with a Sharpie to look for the areas that are rubbing and addressed the corresponding areas on the grip. I've just about got it all the way on and there is still a gap between the frame and grip. The gap is bigger on the right side vs. the left. Any suggestions are welcome at this point. I really dont want to bother the builder of the gun with this issue if I dont have to

post-18249-0-27474700-1407621241_thumb.j

post-18249-0-72723100-1407621268_thumb.j

post-18249-0-87889100-1407621305_thumb.j

Variances in the STI frames can sometimes cause some issues when installing the grips. Sometimes they slide right on, and sometimes the grip will need some light stone/file work.

It is difficult to know for sure from the pictures, but it looks like you might need to take some material off of the top of the keys on the grip.

PM me, and I will do what I can to assist.

Mark and check the fit of the front two corners of the grip and the overall length of the flat portion around the trigger guard. On mine, I had a very similar thing going on and found that the area round the trigger guard was a little too tight and the inlet was catching the grip. You can also check and see if the front screw will go in. Mine wouldn't and this is why I really started looking around the front. It may be too long and this pushes the frame back too far in the grip. The top front of the grip should be flat and flush in the frame inlet.

Hold off removing any more material in the back and make sure the front fits in totally

Thanks for the replies, thx to rishii the grip is now on the gun. Man the gun shoots softer. The mag catch and trigger bow simply dropped in. Had to work on my DAA racemaster holster a little to get it to work but its now GTG. Definitely an improvement. My next Limited gun will have a steel grip for sure.

post-18249-0-80628200-1408349323_thumb.j