Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP 01 Shadow vs SP 01?

zhunter

Sp01 with firing pin block will have a longer reset than a Shadow due to the firing pin block lever. A variation of the CZC short reset can be done on block guns.

Action work ( DA/SA weight and feel) will be similar.

SP01 SHadows have ext. ambi safeties, ext mag release, lighter recoil spring, lighter mainspring, FO front sight and 3 mags. Std SP01s do not.

Z Hunter,

I did a trigger job how to on the block equipped guns here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773

Here's a video of the reset on that gun after I hand fir the Type 1 CGW short reset disco and did some mods to the trigger bar and the block lifter:

The factory trigger pull numbers were 11lbs, 4.5oz DA, 5lbs, 3.5oz SA after the trigger job: 7lbs, 4oz DA, 2lbs, 11.6oz SA (hammer spring used was 11.5# so if you went with an 8.5# spring and FED primers only you could get lower numbers); the same lower with a Shadow upper showed the following pull numbers: 5lbs, 7oz DA, 2lbs, 7oz SA.

Get the SP01 Shadow and be done with it. I have done both. By the time you are finished adding all the parts on a standard SP01 it is around $1200 total.

I have an ACCU Shadow on order, just trying to get a backup gun in the mean time while waiting on my match gun if that makes sense.

But yes, in the end whether you do it yourself of buy the ACCU, not going to be much difference in the price.

Edited by zhunter

A big difference most don't seem to notice is that the hammer on the Shadow is about a third wider, and subsequently a third heavier, than a standard Cz-75 SP-01. An 11.5# main spring in my sp-01 will light off all Federal primers, but misfires about 1%-2% of the time with Winchester. My friend's Shadow, with the same spring, will light off everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Atlas..

is the video from a sp-01 standard with safety? I cant see very well but looks like a 75B SA, dont know if it the same trigger as the sp-01 and with FPB..

could you explain a little bit what mods you did to the disco and the trigger bar and block lifter? (besides the nice polish work)..

I used the type 2 disco but the reset is longer, I would like to get to a similar reset as your cz..

as I understand the sp-01 with safety should use the type 2 disco and srs from cgw..

one other question.. what works can be done to a sp-01 shadow (if necessary) to get a very similar trigger (beside the reset that is short from factory)

thanks

Z Hunter,

I did a trigger job how to on the block equipped guns here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773

Here's a video of the reset on that gun after I hand fir the Type 1 CGW short reset disco and did some mods to the trigger bar and the block lifter:

The factory trigger pull numbers were 11lbs, 4.5oz DA, 5lbs, 3.5oz SA after the trigger job: 7lbs, 4oz DA, 2lbs, 11.6oz SA (hammer spring used was 11.5# so if you went with an 8.5# spring and FED primers only you could get lower numbers); the same lower with a Shadow upper showed the following pull numbers: 5lbs, 7oz DA, 2lbs, 7oz SA.

Hi Atlas..

is the video from a sp-01 standard with safety? I cant see very well but looks like a 75B SA, dont know if it the same trigger as the sp-01 and with FPB..

This is manual safety SP01 with the firing pin block and hand fir Type 1 disco installed:

could you explain a little bit what mods you did to the disco and the trigger bar and block lifter? (besides the nice polish work)..

I used the type 2 disco but the reset is longer, I would like to get to a similar reset as your cz..

Explained here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773&p=2122417

as I understand the sp-01 with safety should use the type 2 disco and srs from cgw..

The CGW short reset discos (http://www.cajungunworks.com/short_reset_system_-_srs.html) in order of thickness (don't ask me why):

Type 2 (thinnest)

Type 1

Type 3 (thickest)

The thicker the disco, the shorter the reset.

The Type 2 drops into the FPB equipped models and the Type 1 drops into the non block models, so The type 1 can be fit to the block models for a shorter reset just as the Type 3 can be fit to the non-block models for a shorter reset still. I have a Shadow with a Type 3 disco which is the ultimate short reset.

Hi Atlas..

This is manual safety SP01 with the firing pin block and hand fir Type 1 disco installed:

Explained here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773&p=2122417

The CGW short reset discos (http://www.cajungunworks.com/short_reset_system_-_srs.html) in order of thickness (don't ask me why):

Type 2 (thinnest)

Type 1

Type 3 (thickest)

The thicker the disco, the shorter the reset.

The Type 2 drops into the FPB equipped models and the Type 1 drops into the non block models, so The type 1 can be fit to the block models for a shorter reset just as the Type 3 can be fit to the non-block models for a shorter reset still. I have a Shadow with a Type 3 disco which is the ultimate short reset.

So when are you going to fit your type 3 to your shadow?