Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quad load difficulty with Beretta 1301

lucas

A different view...you can see a bit of anodizing torwards the front of the loading port - I did not do anything there yet. Oh - yea - there is a blind hole where the recoil spring assembly fits - it is a blind hole ....but by my estimates it is only .060" away from being a thru hole.....so if you do remove any material from that leading edge - there is a good chance you will break through. Not sure if it is a bad thing- structurally I don’t think it matters – but you will have a hole to chamfer so that it does not catch.-----just something to think about.

post-2722-0-89302300-1409163758_thumb.jp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good pictures. I sanded the sharp edge of the hand guard that you pass over with the second set of shells. Seemed to help a little. I'm finding that the technique is probably the most important-how you grip the shells and how you curl your fingers, so I'm just practicing over and over.

Edited by Jadeslade

Apparently , it is somewhat of an inconvenience when I asked about moving the serial number from who I have had all the work done. I learned a long time ago never ask a gun smith to do something they would rather not.

For me, having one side lowered is an improvement, but it needs both sides lowered to be optimal. I have sent my 1301 in twice now , and I am past the point of no return.

I took a belt sander to my forearm again - I sanded off the checkering on the first 4 inches. I also clipped another 1/2 a coil off the lifter spring - so I cut off a total of 3.5 coils - I am going to compare it to my friends M2 - at 3 coils cut - my lifter was still a little stiffer. I will post again when I test the gun.

Yes it did - before the sanding - I would constantly hit that ledge. I sanded and tapered it ...almost feathered it ...now the forearm is not any part of the problem - it is now just my technique! If only I could sand my fingers down and get the same result! :goof:

I have been practicing about 1 hr a day for the last week. Just got the Invictus 12.XXXX on a belt mount. I can do 8 seconds with 12 rnds and now 6 seconds with 8 rnds. I do weakhand quad loading. Those times include taking an aimed shot after the reload and starting with the gun mounted on target.....so all-in-all not too bad for one week.....I think........ :blush:

Ok - its really simple..refer to the two schematics from Brownells:

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/1301-Competition-sid1060.aspx

Take a brass drift pin and push out Pin (20). This allows Trigger group (31) to be removed. It should tip out at the end of the lifter and then pull it forward a little then it should pull straight down and out.

Now refer to :

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/1301-Competition-Trigger-sid1061.aspx

Remove D ring (70) and pull pin (85) out from the other side as it is stepped. Be careful and hold the lifter (69) in place - it will want to spring forward. Note pin (81) holds lever (71) in place and can fall out easily.

As you remove the carrier you will release the lifter spring (73) and and guide pin (72). Spring (73) is it. Also be aware that plate (74) can fall out.

I boight a +5 Nordic Components tube extension and cut the mag spring to the indicated 16" past the end of the tube. Initially with dummy rounds and then with live firing this has proven reliable. How much more have folks cut down the mag tube spring to make it easier to load? Just curious.