Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli m2 - Different vent rib designs?

racingfreak

Hi guys.

I'm seriously confused about the two different vent ribs designs I've seen on the Benelli M2 Field 24"

The first pic shows the wide ribs and the second the narrower ribs. On the Benelli website and the catalogue at my dealer it only shows the narrow ribs. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

post-47253-0-00103600-1406568301_thumb.j

post-47253-0-94518000-1406568320_thumb.j

Edited by racingfreak

Because the front "space" is covered up by the Nordic Components barrel clamp in the first picture. I have never heard of Benelli offering two rib styles ever! I also think the first picture is of a 21" gun contrary to what it says

Edited by kurtm

IIRC Back in the 1990 when the first Super Black Eagle ll guns came out the rib shape/height was different from the earlier HK imported SBE guns (I think…that was a while back) On the current production 24” M2 guns (SKU # 11021) I’ve only seen the one style of rib available.

Benos was provided as a place where people could freely express some feelings about some shooting sports, and share information with others who shared a common interest. I like to think of it as a pot luck of shooting information. Those that have some information share it with anyone who chooses to listen. Sometimes we have meaningful debates about interesting topics, but it is still a pot luck. Some people are better cooks than others, and some choose to bring more than others, and sometimes people get drunk on free beer and eat potato salad with their hands.

I have been looking through youtube but have yet to find a single solid video detailing the best way to change the vent ribs on my shotguns to the newest version. I was hoping that Redneck Tactical would be offering this service as part of the new M2000 package.

We do offer the service, however current market trends require us to pay for employee birth control, food stamps for the underprivileged, as well as fund hunting trips for the mentally and socially challenged. So due the our desire to provide unparalleled product and service, the current cost of such a conversion is just under 100k, on the good news side of it the turnaround time is currently 7 years, so you may qualify for our payment plan, provided you can show proof of insurance and have 2 valid and current picture forms of government (USA) ID, ;P

Trapr