Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 B SA or 75 Shadow SA?

JesseM

There is a dealer locally selling the 75 B SA for like $570 which seems like a good price. I currently ahve a 75 BD which I like well enough but since I've been shooting it in limited I've been really thinking I'd like to be able to swap the mag release and that a SA gun might be a bit better suited... and well to tell the truth moar CZ.

So I checked out Cz Custom to see about mag wells, sights etc when I saw the 75 Shadow SA which has me wondering, is that maybe the better route to go? Are those upgrades worth it? It should be noted I am a solid middle of the road C Class shooter.

For the record I know the Tactical Sport is probabaly the better limited gun but I have lots and lots of CZ mags already and don't want to have to buy brand new mags.

Kneelingatlas pretty much nailed it. The Shadow has better sights too.

I pulled the FPB, swapped the sear out for a Pre-B sear, adjustable alloy trigger, springs and some work on the hammer, and have a sub 2# trigger. I just need to get better sights.

Depending on rules, you may be able to take the block out. IDPA you have to leave the block in place.

The Shadow offers a better hammer, better sights and a 3rd mag. Works out if you buy the parts at retail, you'd spend another $150-$160, so it works pretty even if you do the work yourself.

Cz-USA offers the kit to use 75 mags in a TS.

Are there any magwells out there that will allow you to use the 16 round mec gar mags? I already have a bunch of those and a bunch of the meg car 19 rounders but the 19 round mags are not IDPA legal, I'd like to make it ESP legal if I could.