Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cfe pistol particulants

3djedi

Has anybody else experienced little particles of debris after shooting with CFE? They are little granules about the size of cfe but they are kind of tan/brown in color. I see them in and around the barrel. Inside the gun and on my shooting bench. At first I thought it might be corncob cleaning material that maybe got left in the case but I don't think that's it.......

I'm shooting a glock 35 using 5.6g of cfe with 180g MG JHP'S loaded at 1.145" OAL.

any ideas?

Chrono the load, I bet it's on the slow side.

CFE looks to be a slow/lower pressure powder. It loaded some for 9major and didn't notice any unburnt powder.

You'll probably need to bump up the powder charge.

Agreed....heat up the load a bit. CFE Pistol is not as fast as titegroup, bullseye etc. unburnt powder is usually a sign that you are not getting a complete ignition. More powder = better burn.

G

I picked up some cfe pistol to try. Loaded 5.6 grains with a Montana Gold 180 jhp loaded to 1.185. The accuracy was actually really good. I shot about 200 rounds and started having failure to extract issues. Extractor was in good order. I was surprised how dirty the gun was though. Cleaned the gun up and shot some more the gun ran good for a while and then wen. Back to the extraction issues. The gun was once again very dirty. I went back to wst and have not had an extraction issue since. In my gun at least it appears that the particles and grime were causing this problem.

• 9 months later...

I had some tan particles left over testing below minimum charge. I think that it's the copper cleaner not being burnt all the way. Still ran my Edge fine. Check the 10/40 reloading area, numbers are in there.