Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any experience with the ALG Glock magwell?

wtturn

Looks like a quality piece, albeit expensive.

My main concern is if they are compatible with TTI basepads.

I can't post a link, but "ALG magwell glock" Google results will get you there.

Here's a link for reference: http://algdefense.com/glock-alg-flared-magwell-afm-ddc.html

Can't speak towards the magwell, but their AR15 trigger and mini-comp I own are top notch products. I called them for something specific and was transferred to the right person instantly. You might want to just call them to see about compatibility.

Edited by thegeneric

Looks like a solid magwell... I have used many brands and I like my Zev super heavy brass guy the best (for uspsa)... And the Zev slim for IDPA... But honestly, the price on this is better than the Zev and I would definitely give it a go if I was in the magwell market.

Ive been pretty happy with my Zevs and Dawsons, but these look decent. Like they said above, give them a call. Im sure they have some idea on compatability with different basepads.

I called ALG who said they had only tested it with factory mags/baseplates.

I ordered one anyway. I'll be the guinea pig.

Let us know. This looks like a decent product if It is compatible with the commonly used extensions. Edited by fishsticks

I called ALG who said they had only tested it with factory mags/baseplates.

I ordered one anyway. I'll be the guinea pig.

Let us know. This looks like a decent product if It is compatible with the commonly used extensions.

Will do.

I installed the magwell last night and tested with some reload drills. I found that I had to push the retainer pins halfway out of the TTI basepads, otherwise the mags would bind and "pinch" in the rear of the magwell and not drop free.

After pushing the pins halfway out, there were no problems.'

I think it'll work for me, I'll just have to be careful to check the pins every so often.

I installed the magwell last night and tested with some reload drills. I found that I had to push the retainer pins halfway out of the TTI basepads, otherwise the mags would bind and "pinch" in the rear of the magwell and not drop free.

After pushing the pins halfway out, there were no problems.'

I think it'll work for me, I'll just have to be careful to check the pins every so often.

That's a bummer. I don't think I want to monkey with the pins to make it work. Too bad because I like the look of the mag well.

Other than price not sure why you picked the ALG. The mouth looks small, and very little weight added. It does looks right for conceal carry gun low profile. but if works for you

• 1 month later...

I have no problems with the ALG magwell and the TTI extended base pads. You can see a small mark were the TTI pin scratched the finished on the back part of the magwell but they have no issues dropping free.

As far as the speed of reloading, I switched to the ALG from a SJC that was on my gun when I bought it and I have noticed no differences in time (got rid of the SJC b/c it was just too big for me).

I've shot several matches and hours upon hours of dry fire with it installed now with no complaints.

My mags do not drop free with the pins fully seated. In dry fire I've had them "stick" during reload drills, which would be disastrous in a match, but no problems in matches so far because I make that part of my pre-stage prep to ensure the pins are only half-way inserted.

I love the heft it adds to the grip.

I would buy again, but like another commenter posited, you might be better off with a magwell with a wider, more flared "mouth".