Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap load 2?

Spiff2022

New to 3 gun and comp shotgun and I want to set up for the load 2 method. Looks like every product out there is like $90 for the carrier. Is there anything more reasonable out there?

If it helps I'm shooting a rem 1100 with dmw easy loader and a 9 round mag

I can second the Chameleon belt. Found a lightly used one about half price. Then I found out it's not made for 30" waist guys. Sheet of kydex, 2 Tek-loks I now have 2 6 rd belt mounted carriers, and a 12 rd belt I loan out at matches.

I am betting you could get something cheap from the classifieds of you post that you WTB something. I am sure that someone will want to get rid of some legacy load two gear.

Or make your own... There are a couple of DIY posts for making shell holders, and I've made one from broom clips that works 'ok' that I'll break out when there are going to be more than 20ish shotgun targets in a stage. My 8 round home made jobbie cost me about $20 in materials and an evening and a half of my time.

Ok, hijacking my own thread. Just got back from the hardware store, total investment in materials so far is under $10. If it works out this will be a diy thread. If not we will all pretend it never happened...

It works and it's FAST! The scrap wood wasn't a bad choice. The black kydex parts probably didn't have to be kydex, but whatever you use be sure to cut it narrow so you can get your fingers around the shells. The broom holder deals didn't need any bending or anything to work!