Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with IMR SR 7625 9mm Major Loads

SteelMaster

Hey All,

I just picked up an 8 lb. jug of IMR SR 7625 and would like some thoughts and load suggestions to try for 9mm Major. I would prefer to use Autocomp, but I can not find it. I am shooting an STI Steelmaster. I have done some research and this is my starting point to start working up;

SR7625 6.1 gr

MG 124 gr JHP

OAL 1.165

Please give me your thoughts!

I shot some 7625 powder in my Steel Masters a while back using the same bullet weight.... but lost the info.. I think 6.1 gr for a starting load is a tad on the high side....I suggest you start lower and work up...I would rather be safe than sorry... hopefully someone else might chime in and shed some more light on using 7625....... good luck !

I picked some up recently as well!

It sounded like pretty versatile in terms of being able to use it for 9 minor, 9 major and .40.

Maybe not as perfect as n320 for 9 minor, or auto comp for 9 major, but will work well and better than nothing. At least from the reading I did on Enos prior to hitting 'buy' button :-) I won't repost the loads I saw all over the place here since they aren't mine, but there did seem to be quite a bit for all three applications.

I spent an afternoon working up this load and it was different than I first thought. With the shorter barrel of the STI SteelMaster it took more powder to make major.

Here is where I am currently:

IMR SR 7625 7.2 gr

MG 124 gr JHP

OAL = 1.175

PF = 170

Makes for a pretty full load, slightly compressed. No signs of pressure so far. I would like to go a little hotter to work the comp better, but I think I will try this for awhile and see how it goes. I need to run a few practice rounds and maybe a match before I make any changes.

I used 5.3 of 7625 (and liked it very much) 1.165OAL in my SteelMaster worked fine

Hey All,

I just picked up an 8 lb. jug of IMR SR 7625 and would like some thoughts and load suggestions to try for 9mm Major. I would prefer to use Autocomp, but I can not find it. I am shooting an STI Steelmaster. I have done some research and this is my starting point to start working up;

SR7625 6.1 gr

MG 124 gr JHP

OAL 1.165

SORRY, Me bad I didn't make major with 5.3 IMR7625 I was always under the impression the SteelMaster was not designed for MAJOR loads

I used 5.3 of 7625 (and liked it very much) 1.165OAL in my SteelMaster worked fine

Hey All,

SR7625 6.1 gr

MG 124 gr JHP

OAL 1.165

I talked to the folks at STI and they said it would handle Major just fine. The only real difference between the SteelMaster and the MatchMaster is a 3 port comp instead of 2. I have also read about several folks on here shooting Major with a SteelMaster. Seems to be fine so far.