Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who would you recommend to install an optic mount for an STI frame? th

wanttolearn

Hi, building an STI frame for open . It will be 38 super. i don't have a drill press. Wondering who might be best to send the frame to to have an optic mount installed. will probably also have the ejector and beavertail put on at the same time (both STI parts).

Also, preferences as to a particular optic mount. the serendipity mounts on both sides but i kind of like the idea of using a one sided mount.

the top end is from a matchmaster.

Thank you for your help.

Depending on your frame, you might also need a cut for the barrel ramp.

Since the frame is considered the "gun", you might see if there is a good gunsmith locally that can do the work. Shipping will add to the cost.

Sounds like this is your first build; there is a lot more to be done that just the items you mentioned to turn a frame into an accurate and reliable open gun.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Thank you, i know you're correct. I truly am very new to all of this but trying to learn. don't really know anyone locally to do this type of work.

I was fortunate enough to purchase an older sti top end that fits well in the slide and the frame, the frame has a wilson/nowlin cut already. I sent a message to Mr. Cheely and he was kind enough to quickly respond, he's so busy he can only doing new builds and Gans notes that he can't do work for California.

I appreciate your help.

Edited by wanttolearn