Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzle brake measurement

Will_M

Is the requirement for the diameter and length of a brake/compensator measuring just the ported section?

I have a SilencerCo Specwar brake on my rifle currently, but the ratcheted section that my suppressor mounts to Might be over 1" in diameter. I'll know for sure when I get home, but I'd like to know how the measurements are taken.

Is it the diameter and length of the brake if it was removed from the gun?

The length is measured from the end of the barrel, the threaded portion doesn't count against you. As far as the diameter, I would assume it would be the largest portion of the brake, but I can't imagine someone getting bumped to open for using a brake designed to attach a suppressor to. I've also never seen an equipment inspection at a match(other than a magnet check on rifle ammo), but I'm sure some matches do them.

I can't imagine an MD that would bump you for that. The outside dimension of that comp clearly doesn't give you a competitive advantage. I just wish my state wasn't so effed up that having that comp would be senseless.

I have used an AAC silencer mount at multiple matches without issue.

Did they measure the brake? Am I pushing my luck by having this brake on there or is it likely a non-issue?

Did they measure the brake? Am I pushing my luck by having this brake on there or is it likely a non-issue?
We are all gun guys. I ask about the comp on my gun, and get a "no problem" before the match. Never had an issue after that.

We are all gun guys. I ask about the comp on my gun, and get a "no problem" before the match. Never had an issue after that.

That's my plan. Email the MD's before I sign up for a particular match and let them know. If it's an issue, I'll swap it out. If not I'll continue to run it until it is.

I like the ability to mount my can when I'm not shooting a match or don't want to be obnoxiously loud.

In some matches, you can actually shoot with the can in Divisions other than just open. :)

When my local matches start back up I plan to shoot a match with the rifle can and my suppressed 9mm limited gun.

Quietest 3 gun match ever.

In some matches, you can actually shoot with the can in Divisions other than just open. :)

When my local matches start back up I plan to shoot a match with the rifle can and my suppressed 9mm limited gun.

And the fastest since the shot timer mighty not pick up your run.

Running all suppressed will result in the RO having to be close enough to be intimate with you to have the timer record shots....just a heads up.

I shot my suppressed SBR at a club match for fun, the RO keep creeping closer and closer until he could finally get the timer to pick up shots, which he may as well have been holding the timer against my ejection port.

One alternative could be to use a Shotmaxx set on the accelerometer sensor and strapped to the shooter's wrist but that would be difficult to manage unless you had your own.

And the fastest since the shot timer mighty not pick up your run.

You say that like it's a bad thing.