Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Phoenix Steel grips a drop in fit?

nitrohuck

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the Phoenix trinity Stainless grips and am considering adding them to my new 2011 when it arrives, but my main question is are they truly a drop in fit?

Anyone here have any experience and would be willing to elaborate?

They look like a great product, but I am mostly just curious as to whether I will be able to install them and hit the range, or if it will be more of a headache...

They would be added on an STI frame, to clarify.

When I talked to Brian at the Ohio Sectional, he informed me that there were only 2 grips that had to be fit to the STI frames, mine and another gentleman's. My STI frame was too wide and required fitting. Not sure about the other gun.

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the Phoenix trinity Stainless grips and am considering adding them to my new 2011 when it arrives, but my main question is are they truly a drop in fit?

They look like a great product, but I am mostly just curious as to whether I will be able to install them and hit the range, or if it will be more of a headache...

Do a search, I have put plenty of info on here about them, the short answer is yes

Hey everyone,

Do a search, I have put plenty of info on here about them, the short answer is yes
I actually did lots of searching on this very question but it didn't really yield much info about the PT grips specifically, hence my posting the topic :) perhaps I was just not searching the right terms

Any links you might be able to provide?

Thanks a ton for the answers guys, much appreciated

Edited by nitrohuck

Go to the dealer pages and look on lone star innovations

Bottom line is, if you have a P/T frame ... Yes it's a drop in fit

If you have a S_- frame 95% is a drop in fit, but there tolerances are all over so it is possible you may half to fit it

Edited by Sudden Death

Go to the dealer pages and look on lone star innovations

Bottom line is, if you have a P/T frame ... Yes it's a drop in fit

If you have a S_- frame 95% is a drop in fit, but there tolerances are all over so it is possible you may half to fit it

Thanks for pointing me over to LSI's forum..... those builds are amazing!