Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SA .45 Wide Body Info

Endurokids

I've seen them, but never shot one. If you have to have it in .45 you'll probably want to shoot Limited 10 since most people shooting limited have 40s with 18-21 mag capacity. Also, I'm not really sure how available mags are for the wide body Springers.

I had a couple of these. The frame on mine were made in Brazil; IMBEL unless I'm mistaken, same folks that make the FAL receiver so popular with DIY crowd. One of mine was the Loaded version and the other was the GI, both double-stack, non-ramped barrel pistols.

I had a couple. Frame are forged, by IMBEL in Brazil.

There are a couple of versions: Loaded and GI. Easier to start your project with Loaded. Probably will run as good as Para, all things being equal. Dunno how non-ramped barrel will perform over the long run, though.

Full disclosure: I have and do run a 14-45 in 2-gun action matches. Never hiccupped, and I see no reason to look elsewhere.

If the frame has the plunger tube that is riveted onto the frame(two piece) it is forged. The serial number will be engraved on the lower edge of the frame above the trigger opening. The cast frames(majority of GI models) are a one piece frame, the plunger tube is part of the frame. The GI models will have a roll stamped serial number in front of the slide stop pin hole and have vertical rear cocking serrations. Prefix is WW, the forged frame will have slanted rear cocking serrations and HC or WW prefixes.

Rich

I had a SA Hi-cap. This came as a part of a pair of guns. Started as a 45 milspec, but the previous had the slide from a 38Super milspec fit. Also had a 9mm top built. All work was performed by SACS.

i-5f2tB5j-XL.jpg

i-ss6WXTS-XL.jpg

i-dSmJhXp-XL.jpg

I sold the 38super gun to a friend because I shoot 2011's

I prefer the forged frame it accepts the SV ITS trigger system with little modification, the mag tunnel is slightly bigger so the SV mags fit better. The forged frames tend to hold up better over time than the cast version.

Rich