Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot nose dives

aaronsdmf

I know...kind if a redundant topic and every open shooter chases this carrot. However given my load/spring combo I'm confused.

38 super comp Brazos full length pistola

8# spring

9.6gr 3n38/124 cmj- clocking in at 1390-1410

The dot tracks straight up and down...just nose dives, then indexes.

This evening i tried a lot of diffirent grip pressures, it nose dives (varying normal to firm grip pressures) or oscelates (varying Softer grip pressures)

I took off my *thumb rest [generic]* aswell

Few ideas, seeking advice.

1. I was thinking of running a 115 with more steam? Never tried that

2. Is it safe to go to a 7?

3. Put in a #10 or 9 and grip softer?

4. Keep everything the same and stop sucking!? :D

Thanks

I'm just shooting a 38S Turbor, no holes for the past 4 months with MG 124s. I finally ran out but had 1k of 115s laying around. I loaded about 100 to see if I like it and I have to say I can track the dot a lot better than 124s. Also the gun doesn't seem as "sluggish". I shot a match with the 115s last Sunday and really liked it. I'm using 8.6gr of N350 but i haven't chrony it yet. I'm sticking with 115s from now on.

Edited by klee

imo, if i get it recoiling to hard i have a tendency to fight the recoil. the load however has to be strong enough to work the comp or else you get a swinging dot and that is hard to time. I just shot when I got home from work with my arms nice and tight and all I saw was a red vertical line. i finally relaxed and the dot tracked better. i like to grip pretty tight but my arms are relaxed. best of luck though.