Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACCU bushing retrofit uspsa legal?

jedpeters

Yes, I was joking. The Accu is defiantly expensive, the way I deal with the high cost is to not buy one. If I lose to someone shooting an Accu it because they are a better shooter, I would not cry that they have a cheater ultra custom factory shop gun.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was joking. The Accu is defiantly expensive, the way I deal with the high cost is to not buy one. If I lose to someone shooting an Accu it because they are a better shooter, I would not cry that they have a cheater ultra custom factory shop gun.

An ultra custom gun that has had over 2,000 units produced and that you apparently can occasionally walk into random gun stores and find one behind the counter, up for sale and ready to race. In other words a high-end Production gun.

It's still all very confusing.

The current Accu that I bought from my local FFL several months ago (when the price was several hundred $ less than current pricing) is of course Production legal.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that CZ Custom made all the Accu Shadows, even for those being listed on CZ USA website?

So if this assumption is correct (and it may not be), my current CZ Accu Shadow that at some point had to come from CZ Custom (again, if my assumption that ALL Accu's are made at CZ Custom is correct), is of course Production legal. But, if I send in the slide for my Shadow Target and have the Accu bushing added, the adding of the Accu bushing makes the gun illegal in Production. Even though the guns are absolutely identical in every way, except that one had the Accu bushing added before it was sold retail, the other had the Accu bushing added after it was sold retail. Correct? Maybe not?

Edited by JGus

JGus...in general, your observation is correct. The issue is not the manufacture or sale of the Accu-Shadow and Shadow. It has to do with how USPSA gun-approval process and how those guns are sold/cataloged as separate models.

I look at it this way, Shadow is a CZ line product, Accu is a Custom line. Since it is a custom line, what makes it illegal if its a retro-fit?

If I send my bare stock shadow to CZC to be a Shadow Target, will it be illegal too? or any other roster custom lines? One can say no, because it was sold as a shadow, but can agree that if I upgrade what the Target has by my own it should be okay.

If it was me, retrofit is totally fine. It is still a shadow. Now an SP-01 regular with Accu is not.

Actually you could send it back to make it a Target whichever involved milling of tg the slide. Slide milling for the purpose of adding sights is expressly permitted.