Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Coated Bullet?

I have used both Bayou and Blue Bullets and both shoot great, and the difference in velocity between the two only amounted to about 1pf and that could have been the difference in weather conditions on the days I shot them. I have Been buying Blue recently because they support a lot of matches in this area and they do have a good product.

Not saying Donnie doesn't support matches because I know he does and his bullets are great. I've made the switch to Blue based on their support for my area. I spoke with them at SC Sectional and bought 1200 9mm and 250 .40's for testing. I'll be ordering a case of 9mm in the very near future.

I just tested their new 147 RN groovless today and got the best groups I have seen at minor PF. Another winner from The Blue!

Same

Except that one little guy... don't worry about that little guy.

DSCN0930_zps6baae1fe.jpg

Has anyone tried the new Blue Bullet 147g RN in a CZ barrel? With my CZ-75, I can load some bullets to 1.150" (Bayou 125g RN, Berry's 124g and 147g RN). But other RN bullets I've tried have to be loaded down to 1.090" to drop clean into the barrel without engaging the rifling. That inclues the Bayou 135g RN, and the Blue Bullet 125g RN. When loading that short, small variances in the bullet being perfectly straight which wouldn't normally matter end up cause a small bulge in the case at the base of the bullet.

• 2 weeks later...