Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Wayne, IN - 2014 Monthly Matches

Fort Wayne, IN is shooting on the 3rd Sundays, April - Oct. We typically run 3 long field courses, 2 short/medium courses, and a classifier. Our next match is this Sunday.... Father's Day!

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.
Registration Fee:
$20 (non-FWRR member)
$15 (FWRR member)
$5 (setup crew)
Juniors shoot free with paid adult

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
15715 Rupert Rd
Grabill, IN 46741
41.234010/-84.888246

Maps and directions can be found at www.fwrr.us

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

We're using Practiscore, too!

Here are some videos from a couple of competitors showing previous matches.

We look forward to seeing you on the range!

-rvb Edited by rvb

Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. We had a pretty good turnout considering Area 5 was this weekend, and I know we lost some folks due to father's day activites. I thought the stages were great; a big thanks to the setup crew who comes out during the week to get everything set up. Also thanks to the folks who stuck around to help tear down and put away. Many hands makes light work!

I didn't get video or still photos this time around... the wife took the cameras to my niece's b-day. hopefully some other shooters got some vids to post up here.

official scores:
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=11735

practiscore scores (w/ combined results):

https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=97e63b88-ccc2-4606-b539-a5b927f3d19d

See you next month!

-rvb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's that time again! This Sunday, 8/17.

5 stages plus a classifier.

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.

New-shooters meeting: 9:30 A.M.

Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.

Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.

Hope to see you there!

-rvb

FYI, I found a discrepancy in the scores between practiscore and what is showing up on uspsa.org. It appears the penalties on the fixed time course did not translate into EZWinscore. Out of the dozen or so people who earned penalties none translated into the official results. I noticed it because the stage winner should have had a penalty, and the combined results looked different between practiscore and combinedresults.info.

This evening I'll do a match export from practiscore and send a fix-it ticket to the practiscore folks.

For now, go by the results on practiscore's website:

https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=7E6617D9-D192-4ED0-BF95-F3E8AD9A76F1

(I recall Truk's penalty should have been an overtime penalty (-5), not an actual penalty (-10), correct?)

-rvb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 3gun match I was going to Sunday got canceled. I am going to attend the match at FWRR. This will be my first match at this facility. Is there an approximate round count and aproximatley how many stages are there typically? One bit of advice, put the clubs address on the website. I could not find it anywhere but in this thread.

Round count is usually somewhere between 140 to 175. I always recommend bringing 250.

3 long field courses, 2 medium courses, and a classifier.

Thanks for the recommendation on having the address on the FWRR web page... I thought it was there; I'll suggest it to the webmaster. I also have the address and gps on the uspsa.org club finder.

See you Sunday!

-rvb

Thanks for a great match Sunday. The stages were excellent and challenging. They were a lot more technical than what I am used to. I am looking forward to next year, I will definitely be putting FWRR on my match schedule.

Edited by Flash74

For the record, the ft. Wayne team has some of the best club match stages I've ever seen. Interesting mix of shot difficulties with options!

Definitely not a boring 8-8-8-8 kind of match.

Well worth the 2 hour drive for me.