Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver holster

kuletchi1

Well, there is no "open" revolver division but revolver basically has the same restrictions as limited and race holsters are legal.

I don't know what holster Jerry is using, but I use the double alpha racemaster and I'm seeing more of them at USPSA & ICORE. The double alpha doesn't have a muzzle rest, and that's the primary reason I went with it. I don't like my crown sitting on things. When the lock is engaged, it's very secure. You'll give yourself a wedgie if you forget it on during your draw.

Edited by PatJones

• 2 months later...

Ok, so the revolver I have has a compensator and a red dot. Not sure where that falls in category?

Does the double alpha racemaster have any play? I heard that the crspeed does. Good point about the crown.

Well, there is no "open" revolver division but revolver basically has the same restrictions as limited and race holsters are legal.

I don't know what holster Jerry is using, but I use the double alpha racemaster and I'm seeing more of them at USPSA & ICORE. The double alpha doesn't have a muzzle rest, and that's the primary reason I went with it. I don't like my crown sitting on things. When the lock is engaged, it's very secure. You'll give yourself a wedgie if you forget it on during your draw.

actually the DAA do have a muzzle platform now, but it is optional so you can chose to run it or not. :)

actually the DAA do have a muzzle platform now, but it is optional so you can chose to run it or not. :)

That's new. It must be to combat the rattle on some guns where there is variance in the shape of the trigger guard. My older 625 doesn't fit as nicely as my 627.

That's new. It must be to combat the rattle on some guns where there is variance in the shape of the trigger guard. My older 625 doesn't fit as nicely as my 627.

correct on both counts. it is new and they introduced it simply as some people like a muzzle platform. like you said, the fit of the holster is reliant on the trigger guard having the same dimensions as the one they modeled it off.