Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Over-travel reduction

ES13Raven

Anyone else find they don't like reduced overtravel?

I find that my second shot on a double-tap is considerably low & left, due to the trigger pull ending sooner. My double-taps were not like that before the OT stop.

I did not experience that with my Glocks and I have been reducing the over travel in my Glocks for a long time.

Jerking the trigger on a Glock ususlly causes low left for a right hand shooter.

It's a possibility is your trigger pull is trying to pull through the frame where you speeds up. Some shooters like a little bit of over travel for that reason. Can you adjust it?

Otherwise practice your trigger pull more to try to minimize the amount you are pushing into the frame.

I have some Glocks with the overtravel screw that came that way from Vanek and some Glocks with no overtravel screw.. I can't tell any difference really. I say take it out and try it.. I know Sevigny (when he shot Glocks) & Vogel have the stock overtravel (no screw to shorten it).. If it really helped that much they would probably have it..

Rave; Remove the over-travel Allen screw.( Count how many turns it takes ) Try some live fire practice drills, you might want to leave the over-travel screw out, but you can reset it where it was originally, and you've learned something. ;)

I use an over-travel stop but just set it enough to keep the trigger bar from pushing on the frame. I don't set it to the extreme, I have a good 3/16" or so from stop back to reset. This is how I like it and it's always been reliable.