Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drills to track front sight

ES13Raven

Loose the targets. Shoot at an empty berm that way you have a better chance of watching the sights not the target. Start with slow ire and gradually increase you speed. Focus on following that frt sight.

I could be wrong, but this may be one of Brian's drills (pulled it up from some random training notes I kept):

"If you're a TF (Target-focuser) it will take some work because you're not used to moving your focus in and out, over and over. Set up 3 IPSC targets at 10 yards, about 6 feet apart, edge to edge. Draw and shoot one shot in each head-box, left to right, then shoot them left to right again for a total of 6 shots. Score it Comstock. Repeat that drill over and over and experiment with what you see. Eventually, you should be able distinctly remember seeing each upcoming head-box as a "3-sided square outline," and the front sight razor sharp, like a square building silhouetted against the sky, for each shot."

:cheers:

Curtis

You don't need a drill, you need to fire every shot with this in mind

You can do it 1rd at a time on any target

True, but the right drill helps instill the proper habit/techniques and establish them into our subconscious to the point we don't have to consciously think about such things when we're transitioning from target to target after the buzzer has gone off.

Just another approach to the same path. which may work for some people…for others, something else may work better.

Worth a try for the original poster to decide for himself.

:cheers:

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

I do the same thing when my head goes into a 'close target' mode. Live fire practice with difficult shots and dry fire practice with same seems to be helping. At a match just telling myself not to rush the sight picture or follow through seems to help also (adrenaline seems to take care of the rush part so telling myself that I don't need to rush the gun does not seem to hurt anything).