Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Base pad only Fit 17/18 in 40 S&W

ak_tech

I'm using a LULA to load my mags, I have some mags that always do 20, and others that do sometimes

The springs have about 1/2 a season on them, but I don't load them outside of the range or practice so I may try that also, thanks!

Oh yeah! Also check the inside of the mag to see if there is any plastic "flashing" or over molded spots where the polymer protrudes into the the mag causing an obstruction.

rZ9nbwV.jpg

+1 on EngelMacher's advice. IME it makes a world of difference in the function. If there is any part of the inside of the mag tube that is not smooth, then this creates a point for possible obstruction with the spring, follower, and/or round.

Also, I am getting 20 reloadable with gen 3 & 4 tubes, TTI Springs & Base pads, and followers 'tuned' per Dawson's video. And 19 with the same except Dawson base pads.

STRANGE- I have removed almost all of the material Dawson has shown- I have extra followers- and still only get 18!

What number followers do you have- mine look like 6 or 9?

Also how new/old are you TTI base pads??

Also, I am getting 20 reloadable with gen 3 & 4 tubes, TTI Springs & Base pads, and followers 'tuned' per Dawson's video. And 19 with the same except Dawson base pads.

STRANGE- I have removed almost all of the material Dawson has shown- I have extra followers- and still only get 18!

Are you using an uplula?

Are you using an uplula?

Yes- TTI informed me he has changed the inside dimensions of his NEWER base pads due to a change in the gen 4 Glock .40 mags.

I am waiting to hear back from TTI on these-

just to keep this thread going-I have two different color recent manufacture TTI base pads that after doing the changes recommended for the Dawson base pads that I can get 20 re loadable rounds in both 3rd and 4th gen magazines.

They were very stiff at first and I did need to remove flashing from the inside of a couple of the mag tubes, but now is fine and reliable.

I load them by hand BTW and round 19 and 20 are pretty still require some strong effort to load.

Has the new magazine change been talked about?

We did some revisions on the basepad itself, since the brand new gen4 magazines have a much thicker lip.

TTI- I received the 5 new pads from you- installed them on the new gen 4 Glock mags- did the

follower mods- and all 5 now hold 20 rounds- and that reloadable.

And when installed on my gen 3 9mm Glock mags I get 23 rounds- after I did the follower mods.

Thank you!

Has the new magazine change been talked about?

We did some revisions on the basepad itself, since the brand new gen4 magazines have a much thicker lip.

TTI- I received the 5 new pads from you- installed them on the new gen 4 Glock mags- did the

follower mods- and all 5 now hold 20 rounds- and that reloadable.

And when installed on my gen 3 9mm Glock mags I get 23 rounds- after I did the follower mods.

Thank you!

Well, in an ideal world, you shouldn't have to do a follower mod.

Glock made the front wall lip thicker, so now all basepads are offset, giving it a ledge for the tail of the follower to get hooked on. We brought the endwall back .025, and haven't had any problems with them on Gen4 magazines.