Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger won't reset G34 Gen 4 :(

Jayohee

Just did the $0.25 polish job with a dremel and although everything feels smoother the trigger won't reset consistently when manually racking the slide. This happens every other time I rack the slide. I'm very new to Glocks (Sig guy normally) so I'm not sure what part of the trigger assembly isn't grabbing. Did I overpolish something? Does the safety plunger grab the top of the trigger bar when the slide comes forward or is it the striker?

It could be the connector or the engagement.. You need the orange 1/2 plate to check or if you have an extra rear plate, cut it in half (thats what i did) so you can check the engagement.. The leg of the striker on the rear cruciform..

Pop off your stock Black plate and put on the orange or clear 1/2 plate. Then you will have a gap to see the striker on your cruciform. You can check to see how much engagement you have on it. There's a lot of things it could be but if you didn't have a lot of engagement to begin with and then you go polishing the striker leg and the rear of the cruciform and maybe your gun has a lot of up and down play (slide to frame) then possibly the striker isn't resetting on the cruciform because there isn't enough engagement and it slips off. You need to start checking somewhere and this is always a good idea to check on your gun anyway for safety reasons..

Fixed it all tonight. Turns out that the trigger spring was connected but it wasn't settled into the groove of the cruciform. Once I put it in place everything worked fine. Thanks for the replies