Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

165 gr Xtreme 9mm bullets

gcambi

I am a dedicated heavy bullet shooter in 9mm, esp in revolvers. I've been shooting a 158 gr lead bullet with 2.4-2.8 gr of Solo1000. I am most interested in steel shooting. Does anyone have experience with these bullets, particularly with solo 1K?

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a thousand to play with

If you can, when you get them in, please post the lot number from the end of the box and the size of the bullet. The shipment I just got in had a size problem.

Edited by Jerrywho

• 1 month later...

I have been shooting 160 gr lead bullets in 9mm for years. I like S1000 as it is very lead bullet friendly. I could not get the 160 gr bullet to stabilize with Clays out of a stock Glock barrel at a 130 PF. Never tried it in a barrel with normal rifling. I have also worked up loads with Promo that shoot well.

Shoot me a PM if you want load data.

For the 165gr Xtreme I've tried W231 (3.1 gr, COL 1.165, Win SPP, mixed brass) and American Select (3.4 gr, COL 1.165, Win SPP, mixed brass) and both deliverd ~130-132 PF.

The American Select is a fluffy flake shogun powder and filled the avaialble case volume to ~90% but at I'd get a random low charge due to the large flakes. The W231 was a very low fill factor and metered well but low fill factor made me wonder about consistant ignition. Both shot well and had SD's in the high teens / low 20s.

I just got some N350 and plan to try 3.4gr and 3.7gr at COL 1.165 unless someone has some info on a differnt N350 load.

Edited by Rob Tompkins