Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rescomp magazines

infinity

I tried sps mags with my friend's sti gun and so far so good and I still need one more mag and will order next week. I checked sps web and they have 18+1.

achard

How bout a link for the SPS website? I was surprised to see the "knock off" S_I mags from the Rescomp site cost as much as the real thing.....

How bout a link for the SPS website?  I was surprised to see the "knock off" S_I mags from the Rescomp site cost as much as the real thing.....

MerlindD

Here's the link www.sps-dc.com and click the "Buy" icon

The RHT mags are pre-slotted for S_I/SPS frames and unslotted for Para and other if I understand them correctly. They do export a lot to Auz, but I have heard nothing about quality from their mags. There is another company, HK Precision, in RSA that make S_I mags, very good quality and very cheap, but not on the net. Can get e-mail/tel/fax if required.

I shot the SPS magazines for nearly 4 years and still have the original ones I had when I was at the factory, as well as the same guns. The one thing I have always like about SPS was the magazines, I have them and will always use them. Having said that I have replaced the spring and followers with the new Grams Kits and everything seem to be running smooth.

I belive they also run a little cheaper then the "real deal" you could try buying just the tube and going with the "KIT" from Grams.

You would be surprised at some of the "Big Dogs" who are using SPS tubes without saying..................................

Phil- It looks like a Para top end welded to a SV bottom tube. They may have taken the best of both worlds and put them together. The "soft lips" thing bothers me in .40, but I may try one in .38 and see what happens.

I've seen a couple. They appear to be of the quality of an OEM or Mecgar mag, not the heavy-gauge stainless that STI and SV tubes are made from. I think they're painted, or maybe blued, but either way the finish wears in a hurry. My guess is the more conventional materials and construction makes them less apt to require tuning, but at the cost of long-term durability.

The shooting buddy that had them was able to get 20 in with +0 bases after the springs had worn in, so 21 may be possible with a +1 base and maybe a better follower.

The price used to be lower, but the dollar has fallen against the rand... I think they're actually more than STI/SV mags now?

The price used to be lower, but the dollar has fallen against the rand... I think they're actually more than STI/SV mags now?

Definitely. I ordered a belt and though it says $50.50 on the site, it ended up charging out to $57.42.

the new .40cal sps mags i got recently were all stainless steel in construction unlike the old mags 3-4 years ago which were carbon steel and nickel plated which tended to peel off over time and show rust spots in the tube body. The feed lips were also very soft.

the kit came with the new follower, mag springs and the sps plastic +1 basepad for a reloadable 18 rd magazine.

my friends tried the follower and spring in their STI tubes but could only still load 17 rds in due to the ribs on the STI mag body.