Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dawson CRP Edge

AICS308

I picked up my new Dawson CRP Edge yesterday. My initial impressions were very good. The pistol comes with additional parts installed by DP.

Mag release and Lo Pro Button

Ice Magwell

Front Sight, FO .100 wide

EZ Off Baseplate

The slide frame fit is very good with no movement. I decided on the blue finish since a new coating is planned in the future. The trigger has a very small amount of take up and over travel. The break is very clean.

The mag release button is perfect for me and requires no grip shift.

As always the Dawson Precision customer service and pricing is excellent.

I will follow up when I get to put some rounds down range.

I did the same thing and am very pleased. Shot 100 rounds through it then it went directly to Dan Bedell for a trigger job, grip stipple, medium flat trigger and undercut trigger guard. Got it back in a month and shot a local match with it the other night and am even more pleased.

Good luck

Congrats on the new toy! I am looking to get one myself.

Btw, did you get a good price? What I mean by that is when I looked at Dawsons web site the other day they had a banner on the main page that said " we are stocked up on edge on trojan pistols call for a special unadvertised price"

• 1 month later...

I finally got to put about 100 rounds down range for practice and setting the sights. The accuracy of the pistol out of the box was very surprising, very good. The hand fit is perfect for me. I have found nothing that needs any attention or even anything I would change. Looking at cost versus quality of parts, build, and shooting I really do not think anything can beat it. Yes that is only my opinion.

Shot my first match with it last weekend. It was the best Limited match I've shot in a long time. Absolutely no problems, no FTF, FTE, 100% performance. I actually had fun at this match.

I used 3 new STI magazines that were stock. Again complete 100% performance.

I can't wait for the next match!

The wife and I each have one of these in 40. They both eat anything you give them....except for 1.180 loads....our reloads are 1.160, lead with TiteGroup and Unique powders and they never complain about it unlike some other shooters that my complain about a slight smoke screen :roflol: Enjoy the pistol it will serve you well. Take the extended mag release button off and use one drop of red loctite...not something you want to loose on match day TRUST ME

The wife and I each have one of these in 40. They both eat anything you give them....except for 1.180 loads....our reloads are 1.160, lead with TiteGroup and Unique powders and they never complain about it unlike some other shooters that my complain about a slight smoke screen :roflol: Enjoy the pistol it will serve you well. Take the extended mag release button off and use one drop of red loctite...not something you want to loose on match day TRUST ME

Thanks for the tip. Will do that before the next match.

Thanks for the tip. Will do that before the next match.

i would suggest you use blue loctite. you need to be able to remove the button if you wish to remove the trigger. also, snug up the button by wrapping it with a cloth and using a pair of pliers to tighten it on. be careful not to break it.

You shouldn't use red in any part of the gun. Blue is sufficient without being permanent.

I honestly keep blue in my bag and at my bench....however the only reason I went red is when ordering a replacement button with DP they stated that the recommendation from DP is red loctite on their buttons

Edited by 2011WRBSTI